Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I really like that blade.

I have no use for one but I like it. Only thing that I could see being in issue is the powerpack being mounted on the back. I would think it could get crushed pretty easily and also it prevents you from getting close to a garage.

Maybe im wrong but IMO that would be a blade I would highly consider if I were in the market for one.

Nice job!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
If I plowed in my own I would look into it. But I am happy most of the time as a sub and I wouldn't get paid extra for it but I like the overall design better than swing out wings. Have you had an issue with the powerpack being smashed? Please don't see it as me bashing the product, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The problem with the slide design is there is no way to add a safety or weak spot so that should something occur it doesn't fold the wings back like that. With this slide design the only way to do it right IMO is to over build the hell out of the wings otherwise they will continue to have the same problem.

Something like the ebling has a failure point that doesn't cause major if any damage to the product because of the shear pin.

When making a product, design is one thing but functionality is another. Things get abused and break, theres no way around it and when this asi blade breaks your screwed having to replace wings and attachment points to the truck. Manufactures have tolerances built in to accept a moderate amount of abuse unlike this asi plow. The ebling has thought through this and put in safety points to not only protect the blade but also the truck. All the plow manufactures do that, they have too. Its a part of making a product. And those tubes are in no way strong enough to be used as a standalone support. It might be 2500psi of tensile strength at the weld but the problem is the hollow tubing. They need to figure out a way to keep their mold tight against the center section. Those tubes should only be used as a guide.

This is just my observation and opinion on this whole shebaclke though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.