Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This winter I bought a 2019 F250 XL. Put the Ford mount on the front for my Boss plow. It's the right height for the plow, but when mounting the plow, it's very tight to the front bumper - very different from my older Dodge (2006) . Has anyone else seen this issue? As the plow "rotates" into position it's practically scraping against the bumper. Going to take it back to the shop that did the work, but wanted to get the benefit of the collective knowledge of this group before I go in to talk to them. Hopefully we're done with plowing here for the year - although we just had a brief flurry of snow this morning.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
What size/model plow? If I'm understanding, the plow is actually contacting the bumper at full angle?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2006 Super Duty 8' straight blade. The frame of the plow ( the area circled in red) is the portion that contacts the bumper as the plow is mounted or dismounted.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

It hits (grazes) the bumper when mounting or dismounting the plow. There's simply not enough clearance. Seems odd to me, but there's nothing that I can see the looks "off" to me about the way frame is mounted to the truck. I'm puzzled because I've never seen or heard anyone else comment about this with a very common work truck, but it's definitely not "right".

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
Is it hitting the actual metal of the bumper, or just the plastic air dam below it?

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
Can you take a picture of the pushbeam on the truck with the plow off? And with the plow on, is the plow a-frame sitting level or is it pitched way up in the back?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Truck mount was brand new. And the problem was noticeable the first and every subsequent time I put the plow on or took it off.

Mark - I'd take a picture of the pushbeam on the truck - but it's in the shop right now for a recall issue.

Not super happy with this Ford overall.

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
Once you get it back, if you can also take a measurement from the ground to the center of the hole on the pushbeam hook.

Edit: and the recall on the truck isn't to do with a radio issue, is it? Asking for a friend SuperModerator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts