Snow Plowing Forum banner

Pro- wings

972 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BUFF 
#1 ·
Got a question about rubber edges on wings? I need to replace them and can't fig out the best way. Current rubber was mount in front of the plows cutting edge. and one tore and the othe folds behind the plow leaving a 1/2" trail. I dont know if mounted the with not enough rubber over plow. Or should I just mount them behind plow so that they contact the ground. thanks alex

#2 ·
sounds to me that you didn't have them adjusted properly. Leave them in front of the wings,. and maybe run a piece of 1/4 or 3/8 steel down as a support behind them. The problem with running steel down behind them is your going to catch something and it will bend the wing. I don't have any problems with mine, but I guess mine are adjusted right.

#4 ·
When I installed mine I followed what Buyers recommended, after talking to some guys in my area they suggested I trimmed the rubber back so it did not overlap the cutting edge. The reason behind this is to allow the rubber to flex when needed if you tagged a curb or something else rather than tearing. I was worried by not having the rubber supported by the cutting edge it would flex and leave a trail. I really haven't had any issues with them flexing and leaving a trail. The rubber is very rigid and I plan to do the same when the time comes to replace them. Also I put a piece of 1/4" X 2" flat bar stock to sandwich the rubber instead of using the fender washer that where provided.

Tire Automotive tire Helmet Hood Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.