Pricing '21-'22 Season

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
Not sure that I need to. Barely use any.

Yesterday my fertilizer supplier went on and on about China and how they are cutting back nitrogen production 50%. Currently our fall ap fertilizer is up 33% from last year. Only getting worse.
My shop is heated with natural gas. I'll have to pull up the budget from last year and see what it cost last year.
We keep it 50° inside usually.
Probably not this year, I wonder if I can maintain last year's budget and keep it 40°?
Now imagine people having the same conversation about their homes.
Using 70°vs 60°

Hydromaster

PlowSite Fanatic
The only reason our natural gas prices would increase is because we are selling it off to Europe.
Unlike most utilities in the United States we buy natural gas ahead of time, so our rates can stay fixed more or less not fluctuating throughout the season.

Since we started fracking oil wells we have more natural gas than we know what to do with that’s why we sell it.

then somebody thought it was a great idea to mess with Russia and not let them sell natural gas to Europe.

There is a more than enough natural gas but your country and the greenies don’t even want you to burn that anymore, they don’t want us to consume anything that has to be burned.

Freshwater

PlowSite Veteran
Bulk picked up at Angelo's $85, Clippers is ball parking $90-$92. I'm pretty sure they were at $82 and $85 last year. I'll be supplementing with liquid for sure this year, I didnt bother last year.

E-Town

We got the frost so booking are up for us here.
I did raise 15% All new clients and most of our regular clients. DO or DiE lol.

Prebooking and Seasonal prepayment coming in SEEING THE LIGHT suddenly lol

GMC Driver

PlowSite.com Addict
October 15th deadline is looming...

I love last minute shoppers. Especially those with "procurement divisions".

Can we get a quote? Sure! Or you can refer to the one sent out in at the beginning of September. That one is valid until the 15th.

What happens after the 15th? Well by then most of all our equipment has been allocated for the season. So if you still require our service, we would have to resubmit the quote.

Well our procurement division just put out the RFQ now. So what did you base your quote on? The exact same service specs you have published for the past 5 years, and have been provided for you in past seasons.

So just because we were slow, it's going to cost us XX%? payup

OP
Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
October 15th deadline is looming...

I love last minute shoppers. Especially those with "procurement divisions".

Can we get a quote? Sure! Or you can refer to the one sent out in at the beginning of September. That one is valid until the 15th.

What happens after the 15th? Well by then most of all our equipment has been allocated for the season. So if you still require our service, we would have to resubmit the quote.

Well our procurement division just put out the RFQ now. So what did you base your quote on? The exact same service specs you have published for the past 5 years, and have been provided for you in past seasons.

So just because we were slow, it's going to cost us XX%? payup

Gotta love pencil pushers.

Top Forums