Pricing '21-'22 Season

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
If a resi customer requests it I will throw out a price but it's usually fairly high. We have about 20% of the resi's on a per push. Good balance for the heavy winters. For the most part we only offer seasonal. Been there done that with customers requesting to switch back and forth between the two from year to year.
Perfect - change fairly high to "very high" and give them that option. "Whats that? That's way too much to pay per push? Well, we do offer an seasonal option - oh wait, it says here that's what you were already on...."

Freshwater

PlowSite Veteran
All my accounts were per push and would invoice monthly. As long as you logged your service throughoot the month it wasn't a PITA.
While I was still per push I had 50 resis and another 10 of my lots were per push. 60 separate invoices, envelopes, stamps, each month got old quick. I moved all my resis to seasonal with a 100% pre pay. I couldn't imagine doing resis per push when I was at my peak number of locations, a few years ago.

Landgreen

While I was still per push I had 50 resis and another 10 of my lots were per push. 60 separate invoices, envelopes, stamps, each month got old quick. I moved all my resis to seasonal with a 100% pre pay. I couldn't imagine doing resis per push when I was at my peak number of locations, a few years ago.
Billing is always a pain. It's gotten much better with emailed invoices and online payments. A few clicks and the invoice is sent. If I had to fold, seal, stamp all our invoices I would lose my mind or what's left of it. The ole timers insist on mail. But so do I for my bills if the vendor still offers it. Wait.... I'm an ole timer now.. crap

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
All my invoices were emailed and the majority of payments were done electronically. Several of my customers I never met.

Freshwater

PlowSite Veteran
Billing is always a pain. It's gotten much better with emailed invoices and online payments. A few clicks and the invoice is sent. If I had to fold, seal, stamp all our invoices I would lose my mind or what's left of it. The ole timers insist on mail. But so do I for my bills if the vendor still offers it. Wait.... I'm an ole timer now.. crap
Lol...
My computer is my phone, there are limitations. Plus I cant type for crap.
I just re worded some parts of my contract. This consisted of my wife on her laptop, and me telling her what to type...

LapeerLandscape

PlowSite Fanatic
It will be interesting to see if some bail even without a price increase.

Customers that own a business tend to be far more understanding of price increases. They get the shaft too with increase costs for labor, equipment etc

If a resi customer requests it I will throw out a price but it's usually fairly high. We have about 20% of the resi's on a per push. Good balance for the heavy winters. For the most part we only offer seasonal. Been there done that with customers requesting to switch back and forth between the two from year to year.

Usually takes me about a day at the end of each month. Considering switching to a two payment invoicing for resi's. I think the only blow back would be the handful that are on a tight budget and are used to four monthly payments. Many pay two invoices at a time already.

Seems like a cap would be a pita for billing.

The resi service agreements are going out in a couple weeks so still have time to consider price increase or not.
You will get the Karen customer that says it only snowed 6 times last year we can do it ourselves.

LapeerLandscape

PlowSite Fanatic
I'm so old fashioned I prefer cash

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
You will get the Karen customer that says it only snowed 6 times last year we can do it ourselves.
He could buy these door stoppers for those customers as a parting gift

73ac8152-c8b2-4dd5-868e-e6b6c2a2858e.adb798708e1e344c47037e1f2c0e6cff.jpeg

Hydromaster

PlowSite Fanatic
Ress all sessional, with a cap.

two payments
Nov1st & Jan 1st.
no shoveling.
a deicer is available ala cart.

send out invoices:laugh:
Just a reminder that the Jan 1st
Payment is due in 2weeks or survive will stop.

Top Forums