price question to install undercarriage only

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kennyrain, Feb 20, 2008.

1. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

whats the going rate to install a (uni-mount undercarriage) on an 01 chevy 2500?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

rate's

depends on your area usually about $250.00

3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

$250 for the undercarriage seems high or does that include wiring also?

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I paid, 450 To have the under carrage mounted, and wired up.

I had to buy about 100 worth of parts from the dealer that I Couldnt find. He told me he usually had 300 to do that, but there was some wiring and part of a mount that he had to take off from another plow.

5. OP
    OP
    kennyrain

kennyrain Member

I thought 250 seemed high just for the undercarriage.
    125-150 seems like a fair price to me.
    I'll have to shop around for the best price. I know I won't take it to the western dealer.
    He wanted 375 just to mount the undercarriage.

6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

You cant install the mount your self? Probably can be done with a couple buddies and a weekend. I didnt install mine, because I knew I didnt have all the parts, and I needed the truck within the week.

7. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Ultramount isn;t that bad, but a unimount is more work. If you can get it for $250.00 I would jump all over it. The front bumper has to come completely off the truck, and holes have to be drilled in the frame. Sometimes the bumper is a PITA to get lined back up.I used to install Westerns, and we would get 350-450 to install undercarriage and wiring with headlights and turn signals for Unimounts. Ultramounts are much less labor intensive.

8. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Wow :eek: do it yourself 2 hrs. tops just download the instructions from the Western web site, save your money it really is not that hard.

9. OP
    OP
    kennyrain

kennyrain Member

it took me 2 hours to put this undercarriage on by myself----with no problem!!!