Pre-wet is it worth it?

affprop

I have heard some talk of prewetting the salt as your spreading it. I didnt think much of it till the other day when it was raining and was out salting, by the time I had gotten around from one sie of the factory to the other the parking lot was black, snow, ice gone in a short time, Before I thought that the new salt I was trying sucked. But now Im wondering if there isnt something to pre-wetting. What are your thoughts. I joined Sima today so I could be up on all the Latest I feel it was a good investment listening to all you guys talk about the group. Thanks.

Innovative

Pre-wetting offers a few advantages - Depending on what product you use to treat the salt you will: Reduce the amount of product you use - saving you money. The product will work to lower temperatures - giving your customers better service. Pre-wetted salt starts working quicker, lasts longer, and is usually colored so you and your client can see where it has been placed. Once again- depending on your choice of liquid, you can eliminate corrosion to your equipment, and also have a residual effect on the pavement that during the next snow event, the product may be still available in the pavement to reactivate and prevent a bond from forming between the ice and pavement. John Parker at Taconic is a wealth of knowledge on liquids and he is a distributor for some of the best products out there...give him a call @ 845-485-4200. Happy Plowing!:)

Top Forums