• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Pre salt Pricing

capital

Have a question, have a parking lot with 240,000 sq feet and about 10,000 sq of sidewalks and wanted to quote the charge for pre salt in liquid form using a brine solution. We are planning on building are own brine tanks and using a truck mounted 300 gal tank with a sprayer that reachs 30' with a 150 hose attachment for hard to reach areas. any help is appreciated.

ceaman

I charge per gallon.... Just as you would if you put it down per bag or per ton.

In my experience you can reduce the salt use by up to 50% with anti icing compared to de icing. There are many variables in liquids.

What product are you using and how much is it per gallon?
How many gallons of your product do you apply per 1,000 sq. ft. ?
Is your boom 30' wide?
What are the trafic paterns on this lot?
Are you applying it with a fan or solid stream nozzle on the boom?

Call or email me if you would like to discuss this more.