Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fried the power ground cable on my MM2. Had electrical tape on it when I bought it used. I know I should've carried a sprare with me or swapped it out before the season started, but here I am today. Melted the wire, tape everything... What are the chances I cooked the Pump motor, too? I'll replace the cable tomorrow...

· Registered
16,971 Posts
Now really, connect the jumper cables directly from the battery to the motor, stay clear of the plow in case it jumps. What shape are the connections on the motor, if it's old, they may break. Also check the solenoid, if it's old, replace it with the new cables. They are cheap to buy. You want the factory Trombetta solenoid.

· Registered
14,949 Posts

· Registered
16,971 Posts
Thanks Randall Ave. Connections look good. Will the controller operate the plow if all is good?
After you put the new parts on, it should. Jumper cables directly to the motor, it's just going to run on it's own until you remove them. You are only going to connect them for a few seconds to see if the motor works. Kinda like bench testing a starter.

· Registered
16,971 Posts
Replace the cables and solenoid, probably be fine. Clean all the battery connections while you are there. Check the condition of the battery positive cable from battery to solenoid, it may have gotten hot, started to melt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.