Snow Plowing Forum banner

Post Office Not paying?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  grnstripes 
#1 ·
Anyone else not getting paid by the USPS? i know that they are going through some big budget problems. We are having lots of trouble getting paid, just wondering if it was local or a national problem. :confused:

#5 ·
how many do u service? we have gotten paid from some postmasters fine. We are having some trouble with the billing in CA, we know the postmasters submitted the bills. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing any similiar issues.

#7 ·
Knockah22;782040 said:
how many do u service? we have gotten paid from some postmasters fine. We are having some trouble with the billing in CA, we know the postmasters submitted the bills. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing any similiar issues.
I have one small Postoffice. I was told by the new Postmaster that the procedure is the same for all Postalservices. The Postalservice uses an account payable service just like many other businesses. There are too many fingers and too many desks involved in the processing of the information. Most likley someone in the chain is slacking in thier job of processing the information.

#11 ·
USPS is typically slow paying, but I've never had trouble getting paid. I only mow at a tiny office, so it's small potatoes. If the invoice is over a certain amount (I think somewhere around $70), it requires more paperwork, and thus even slower processing times. So, I just submit an invoice every $60, so it slides right through. Obviously that wouldn't work on larger plowing accounts, but for a $20 mow, it works.

#14 ·
I seriously doubt anyone in the Post Office system is trying to keep you from getting paid. The PO budget problems will have no impact on you getting paid. Ask your local Postmaster about it, so he can look into it. If you don't bring it to his attention, he can't know there is a problem.

#15 ·
The problem of being paid for Postal Service lies in the postmasters hands. If the postmaster processes the invoice in a couple of days after he recives it, you will get a check by the 15th. I had a big problem with a "past" postmaster with getting paid. The new postmaster told me everything is computerised. He checks the dates for service, OK's the invoice, enters it into the system and now I get my check on time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.