Plowsite's going to be dead the next few days..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I just wish they would narrow down if we're getting snow, freezing rain or what. The latest forecast for us is 12-18+ inches from Tuesday through Wed. evening with some freezing rain mixed in. Pics to follow!

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I hear ya....... we're to get 12-23 in my area......

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

They said 3-5" for us and we are getting...NOTHING! What a surprise.

Hope you guys have fun.

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

They say 12 - 14 " here along the lake shore

5. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Right on the line here 8-10 or 12-14 or even up to 18 depends on if anything shifts .We are prepared for 18+ with heavy winds so we prob wont get anything at all lol.

We need something like this in my town so it weeds out the group just alittle. I have 2 shifts of drivers ready over 20 guys waitn on my call, dam why did I pick this biz to get into ? Because I love stress lol.

Good Luck everyone hope all a safe storm and just think about the payup

6. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Rub it in why don't you...

Were supposed to be 50-60 Degree with thunderstorms when you all get that gold falling from the sky...
    its raining now, with the temp getting warmer, I might as well unhook the blade as I think our winter it over...

7. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Its gonna be ice rain then like an inch of snow for me woopie

8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

4-8 Feet Here......

9. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

5-8" in Lincoln. Started with freezing rain, with snow through Tues. Not "the big one" here, but we'll take it!:waving:

10. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

1 inch of snow. followed by sleet and up to 1/2 inch of ice. SOB. Should be fun driving. Look for more videos of idiot drivers.

11. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

15-30" in NY's Capital District

12. Bigdoghd

Bigdoghd Member

I'll watch the site so it don't go no where. I have only a 850' drive to do, my business and a few friends. Would be nice to have a few nice accounts right about now. This is gonna cost a few people a few pennies that don't have contracts and pay by the snow fall. :D

13. batman53201

batman53201 Junior Member

getting a "shitload" here in milwaukee

14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Yep seems like the ice is gunna hit hard here, lots of saltingpayup take it easy otu there guys:waving:

15. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

They were wrong. Now they are saying that if it goes just 50 miles south we might be getting 2-3 not the 10-15" But on a side note I did get 3 managers call today saying they had anywhere from 3-6" of snow on the ground when it only snowed 2" tops at the end of the day. F-ing morons. But plowing the 1" that was run over was fun.

16. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Snow or ice? That is the question!

17. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

We are getting 3"-5" tomorrow and then 10"-20" on wed thru to thursday. Can't wait for no sleep for three days.

18. OP
    OP
    Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Collin, if you guys weren't getting anything I would call you guys to come down for a day or two. Even if we get 6-8" I have about a weeks worth of hauling.

19. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Im north of Concord so nobody gives enough of a **** to guess...Ill tell you Thursday night

20. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

We're looking at 6'' tomorrow with an inch of ice, then 10'' wednsday...supposedly