• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

PlowSite Software Upgrade Thread

OP
Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan

Head Moderator, Online Communities
Staff member
there are plenty of files that are able to be uploaded and we can check into adding other allowable files/extensions but not promising we will add all

So how do you know what kind of file a gif is?
A gif is its own file format, say like image.gif. An mp4 is another file format like image.mp4. Think of it in terms of music. You can have a cd, or a cassette tape, 8 track, vinyl... they all play music (these would be your file formats), but you can't play a cd on a turntable. Plowsite is having trouble "playing" mp4 formatted files.

TJS

PlowSite.com Addict
I did not read all the way thru these posts. However, Signature links don't work. They bring me to a admin sign in. Does this mean these links are dead.

OP
Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan

Staff member
I did not read all the way thru these posts. However, Signature links don't work. They bring me to a admin sign in. Does this mean these links are dead.
ok, your signature links should be corrected now...the problem was that the links were old links from former software/servers that didn't transfer over. I had to go and find all of your threads and update your signature on the admin side. thanks for bringing to my attention and please let me know that they are correct

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
Can we add a warning or even a pop up that shows up when bumping a thread that hasn’t had a response in say a year?
something that says Something like “you’re posting in a thread that’s over 1 year old” unless you’re adding something contributing, please don’t bump.”

OP
Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan

Staff member
Can we add a warning or even a pop up that shows up when bumping a thread that hasn’t had a response in say a year?
something that says Something like “you’re posting in a thread that’s over 1 year old” unless you’re adding something contributing, please don’t bump.”
probably not

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
Uploading photos via the mobile version vs desktop gets to be a bit of a pain. Using the desktop you don't have to click thumbnail or full size, it's there. Mobile one has to be selected. I quite often end up doubling up the pics on desktop.