plows are ready

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Well I finally had enough time to service the plows today. Both v plows have had the fluids changed and screens checked. I even changed one of the spring type clamps that was mentioned in an earlier thread.

Now all I need to do is change the starter solenoid on my air flow spreader. I have the new and a 1/2 on sunday should do it. Motor runs fine tho, the briggs even started right up no problems.
Apron chain was bit tight tho, backed it off and the spreader was fine. Oiled the chain again, and will readjust before first time out.

My smith electric sat all summer, I plugged it in, and it worked perfectly. Love that unit.
Dino

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
Gotta love this time of year. I hooked my plow up last weekend, and all is well. I pulled the cover off of my Pro Flo 2, turned it on, and noticed that one of the idler pulleys was frozen solid with rust (lesson learned for next year: DO A BETTER JOB CLEANING IT OUT). So, I got my new one, and put it on. All is well, and I'm ready to go. Now if only Mother Nature would ... aww, I'm not even going to start with that.

Alan

PlowSite.com Addict
I've still got to put the U-edge on the Lobo, but if we had to we could plow with the old steel on it right now. Other than that the undertailgate spreader needs to be pinned on and the hoses hooked up and we're ready to rumble. Six tons of white gold went into the bin on Monday so I'm good for a while.

Top Forums