Snow Plowing Forum banner

Plowing off the beaten path

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SLC1 
#1 ·
Got a call from Towson University yesterday.They wanted to see if i could plow their baseball and softball fields and clear out there bullpens. I returned the call and got the softball coach. She explain what they wanted and i had to laugh. I explained to her that i would do the work but with the temps as high as they have been her fields were gonna be a big mess after i was done. I still gave her an estimate and she was like "Wow it would really be that much?" And i told her for the bullpen she should get a bunch of shovel for her players and let them do the work.
Anyone else have similar stories??:eek:

#2 ·
Universities and colleges pay big bucks to have playing fields that meet the criteria of NCAA and other orgs. This woman wants a plow truck on the field(s)? She's a nut. Given it's in Maryland, a thaw should be in order before too long. It's not as if they are up in Buffalo, N.Y. or northern areas like that. Check out this link and scroll to the bottom where it says OTHER HEADLINES. Do that job for her and you will soon see a linked headline reading: Softball field destroyed from snowplow truck

#3 ·
I work at woodbine race track part time and in late November and early December when we were getting snow they were plowing the the race track with a grader. What a mess that made. They went down to far and ended up with a windrow of dirt two feet high around the outer edge of the track. This made them look really stupid because in October they just added 60-70 tractor trailer size loads of new dirt.

#4 ·
We go through this every year that we have a big snow season. The Baseball, Softball and Men's and Woman's Lacrosse teams and the Tennis Team all go South for spring break and play games all week long in the sun and 85 degree weather. Then they come back and expect to walk out on their fields ready to play ball. They don't realize that while they were working on their tans we were at 10 degrees and recieving a foot of snow. Most snowy years they end up cancelling alot of thier season and this year looks like it is going to be one of those seasons for them unless we get a big thaw real fast. The first home game is on the 18th of March and the Grounds Dept. still has to prep all the fields after the snow has melted and the fields dry out so we will see what happens. :eek:

#6 ·
We had to do the local high school football field this year for the Thanksgiving day game. That was a project, pretty neat, very different, and not that easy but it was Name your price, so we did it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.