Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a fisher plow that’s at least 10 years old. my plow has worked great up until this year. Recently my plow will raise but won’t lower. It angles left and right and raises. Seems like there are NO electrical/mechanical issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
i have a fisher plow that's at least 10 years old. my plow has worked great up until this year. Recently my plow will raise but won't lower. It angles left and right and raises. Seems like there are NO electrical/mechanical issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
"Seems like there are NO electrical/mechanical issues"

How did you come to that conclusion?

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
I have to admit ,that got me chuckling pretty good!
It was an honest question.

If his answer is "I tested the control plugs, tested the coil, confirmed the coil was getting power and magnetizing correctly, disconnected the hose to the lift cylinder and confirmed it moves freely without pressure to it." then that narrows down what could be wrong.

If his answer is "Looked at it. Nothing was on fire or twisted into a pretzel." then the diagnostic procedure is a bit different.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
Lower None
• F1 Fuse on Harness B • S3 Coil
Not sure which chart that is from, but not applicable to his plow. That would be fleet flex and a V plow (I think?) His plow is more than 10 years old, so it would have to be a 3 plug and his description implies straight blade.

The issue would be with the lower valve, S1, on his plow, but unless we determine what he's actually checked, it's tough to say what the issue actually is.

· Registered
15,308 Posts
If his answer is "I tested the control plugs, tested the coil, confirmed the coil was getting power and magnetizing correctly, disconnected the hose to the lift cylinder and confirmed it moves freely without pressure to it."
Ya you want the lottery numbers to, jeez you axin for everything.
It's been my mechanic this and my mechanic that lately.

Reactions: cwren2472

· Registered
2,209 Posts
I love these. I also like the ones where his mechanic did this and that and still a problem. Wonder if these people even know how to open a hood and see what a ground and power wire look like.

· Registered
4,305 Posts
I love these. I also like the ones where his mechanic did this and that and still a problem. Wonder if these people even know how to open a hood and see what a ground and power wire look like.
I'm really bad at remembering whats what. I install the plows myself now and within a year I forget what I did,how its laid out etc.Sometimes I look and wonder who's the idiot that did this! The OP in the other thread you reference runs a huge company,not every one has the ability or need to have mechanical skills,it sure does help though.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
I'm really bad at remembering whats what. I install the plows myself now and within a year I forget what I did,how its laid out etc.Sometimes I look and wonder who's the idiot that did this! The OP in the other thread you reference runs a huge company,not every one has the ability or need to have mechanical skills,it sure does help though.
Not going to keep climbing his tree and shaking it but it does not take a lot of mechanical skill to open the hood and take a look when "your" mechanics are looking at you do this. Even if you/he/she does not know what you are looking at, the "mechanics" see you do this, and might think twice about trying to buffalo someone. I trust no-one to do anything on any of my vehicles.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
Not going to keep climbing his tree and shaking it but it does not take a lot of mechanical skill to open the hood and take a look when "your" mechanics are looking at you do this. Even if you/he/she does not know what you are looking at, the "mechanics" see you do this, and might think twice about trying to buffalo someone. I trust no-one to do anything on any of my vehicles.
I think it's more basic than the mechanics trying to hoodwink him (yep, I said "hoodwink.") I think it was simply an issue incompetence on the part of the mechanic.

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Sometimes I like to be nice and give someone the benefit of the doubt ,its just practice for getting along better with my wife.:dizzy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.