Snow Plowing Forum banner

plow wings

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Highpoint 
#1 ·
Was curious how well them plow wings work?
Does anybody have a set?

plese let me know how they are?

thx bobc jr,

#3 ·
I bought a set to try last year and they are great. I don't have v-plows so this is as close as I can get. I'll never be without them now until we trucks with V's on them.

#6 ·
I'm negotiating with a sub who wants more $$$ than I want to give him. I'm going to tell him I'll pay him if he uses a pair of wings. I'll come out ahead on that deal! Buy them for every truck you're paying by the hour, unless it's already got a 10' blade on it.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Snow Pro
I'm negotiating with a sub who wants more $$$ than I want to give him. I'm going to tell him I'll pay him if he uses a pair of wings. I'll come out ahead on that deal! Buy them for every truck you're paying by the hour, unless it's already got a 10' blade on it.
thanks guys i think i will thy a set on my 8 foot meyers.

#8 ·
Maybe the roads are narrower here than everywhere else. I only have a 7.5' blade, and I feel like I'm gonna wipe out ever car that goes past me. I can't imagine what it would be like with wings on it. Although... I do agree it would be a good idea, especially for parking lots.

#10 ·
That's just it. A lot of people havn't been moving over. I almost wiped out a mailbox last week cause a guy was riding the center-line. Granted, the mailbox would do less damage than the car would've, but sometimes ya just feel like clobering someone so they learn. AIR HORNS!!! I NEED AIR HORNS!!!

#11 ·
Try driving a loader with a 14' snow pusher on it, down the road. The cars are off in the ditch.

We have 3 trucks with 10' plows on them, and they say people more over for them no problems. The only time it really bothers them, is when a DPW or DOT truck is in the on comming lane.

Geoff

#14 ·
Wings

My two cents. We run Meyers. We have permantly attached our wings. Use a steel cutting edge. Use know shoes. Love them. Takes 1 hr to change blades. When blade wares out, we weld old left over blades on. this takes 15 min. We use up more blades, less waste, works very well. 1 more thing, We make our own edges out of 5/8 x 6 steel instead of the factory suggested 3/8.

Safe and prosperous plowing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.