Plow Size

Dan Schulte

Just got back from a dealer who is trying to tell me not to get the Blizzard plow with expandable wings but rather an 8ft Meyers. From the search threads I thought Blizzard was one of the best. Any thoughts? Have an F250.

DYNA PLOW

so you have the super duty which has the dana 50 frontend, thatwill handle the blizzard plow if you decide.
next ? is what are your long term goals with plowing, are you just doing your drive and one other or is this a busines you want to get into? if you are going long term and like the blizzard your truck will handle it.
dan

OP
D

Dan Schulte

Dyna - thanks for the reply. Im in it for the long haul starting this year. Have been doing lawns for 5 years and like everyone else was asked to do snow as well. Signed up 2 Lowes Stores, a bank, post office, gas station and church. I must have read 500 threads on this site seeing what worked and didnt. Was going to buy a big A-- snow blower but after reading everyones stuff Im now going with a Honda 520. Buying Johns book today as well and will join SIMA soon. Thanks again. Think Wisconsin can take Michigan?

OP
D

Dan Schulte

That was stupid asking about the wings. In the V position it does that for you. LOL. One last question - what do you guys keep in your trucks for emergencies? I. E. flares, first aid kits, flashlght etc... Thanks again.

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Dan,
I put a Blizzard 810 on my F-350 last year, and trimmed 2 hours off my route time the first storm. Unfortunately, we only had 2 storms for the season, so I can't give any reliability reports to speak of, but I'm very pleased with the way it has performed so far.

The plow isn't really well suited for gravel drives, though, stones get in the wings and sometimes bind things up, but on blacktop, stay out of its way!