Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,109 Posts
Run the plow back and forth fully 3 times on the ground, raise it, run it back and forth 3 times, down, then check the fluid & let sit for 3-5 minutes, repeat, do this 3 times. See if there's a difference afterwards.

If not - check the adjustment on the cross over relief valves using the guides below. (Assuming it's a SEHP, if it's not and you need the diagrams, just let me know.).

If that doesn't work; flush, drain, & clean it, pull, clean & inspect the 3 valves, paying close attention to the S2 valve. Replace with good fluid and run it again. If it hasn't been run in awhile, it would be my first step regardless.

Product Organism Font Line Engineering

Product Font Line Parallel Diagram

Font Rectangle Parallel Triangle Pattern

Font Parallel Screenshot Paper product Document

· Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does hold... I did see there was a lot of air in fluid.. made sure vent cap was clean I did run it up and down a few times to check fluid. But I never pushed on blade again...… il have to rehook to it to check again.. me bad...
Thanks

· Registered
6,109 Posts
It does hold... I did see there was a lot of air in fluid.. made sure vent cap was clean I did run it up and down a few times to check fluid. But I never pushed on blade again...… il have to rehook to it to check again.. me bad...
Thanks
I'd drain it and refill it at the very least than, but chances are it had air in the rams, if not trapped between the relief valves in the manifold. Just work it back and forth to get the fluid driven through those lines & ports and see where you're at then.

Vent cap tells me it's Insta Act, not SEHP.

Font Art Parallel Circle Symmetry
Font Diagram Drawing Parallel Line art
Font Parallel Pattern Number Rectangle
Font Cylinder Auto part Drawing Rectangle

· Registered
1,122 Posts
If the Pistons just go in a half an inch to an inch on each side then they just have a little bit of trapped air in them. When you do the cycling that was mentioned above, it helps if you do it where the truck is pointed down a slight incline. This will make the rear of the angle piston slightly higher which helps get the air out. If needed to get that angle you can also use a floor jack under the front engine crossmember of the truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.