Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a lightweight plow for my Durango. Does anyone have any suggestion for a decent setup? I was looking into a poly Sno pro but those are getting scarce.

For those who may be curious, I plan on using this to clear several driveways at residential properties I manage.

· Registered
7,918 Posts
Fisher/Western/Snow Ex, 7' 2" HS/Defender/6800/7200LT. Sno-Way 26 Series 6' 8"/7' 6". Maybe a Meyers or Hiniker of some sort.

Good luck, NYH1.

· Registered
146 Posts
Nyh1---agree. I have a SnowEx LT7200 with downpressure on my Mazda B3000 (Ranger twin). Weighs 300 lbs--comparable to poly plow. I do three tight hilly driveways ( family ) with it. So far , so good. Bought it new Nov 2017

· Registered
7,918 Posts
Definitely go with a plow (even if it's used) from a manufacture that still at least makes parts for them. Sooner or later you'll need parts, maybe service as well, even for basic maintenance. A good dealer can be priceless.

NYH1.

· Registered
306 Posts
Look at all mfgs plow selectors. I really like the Snowdoggs and am starting to like the SnowEx now that I have it dialed in. the scrapemax on the snow ex is great but it back drags really well with out. The mounting process is way easier as well.

Reactions: BlackBeauty

· Registered
146 Posts
^ I actually was set on a Western Defender , but my dealer (who sells SnowEx, Western , and SnowDogg) suggested the SnowEx for its easier mounting system ( called Automatixx ; you can see it on YouTube). Then I discovered that downpressure was available ( ScrapeMaxx ) and that decided it for me.

Good luck and let us know what you decide !

· Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for a lightweight plow for my Durango. Does anyone have any suggestion for a decent setup? I was looking into a poly Sno pro but those are getting scarce.

For those who may be curious, I plan on using this to clear several driveways at residential properties I manage.
Hi, I have run an 05 with a full size 7.5 hiniker for 14 rough winters and it kicks ass pretty good with the hemi, I put on bilstein shocks, timbrens, the biggest tires that would fit on the rims 285/70 17's and cranked the torsion bars up I wish they still made 2nd gen I would get another I initially tried the homeowner model but it was to light and did not scrape well so I swapped to the heavier one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.