Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
There’s a guy on here called discount snow stakes.

However we buy from a company here, he’s kind of a competitor and buying anything from a competitor is taboo.

Plow right marking stakes.
They’re like 26” long and even has a little tool that comes with it

· Registered
58,717 Posts

· Registered
58,717 Posts
Mark- stakes in the ground..
Understood.

We use a mix...4' fiberglass, the hollow "straw" ones for driveways that we use the blowers on, wood for commercials.

Guess we don't have a favorite.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Understood.

We use a mix...4' fiberglass, the hollow "straw" ones for driveways that we use the blowers on, wood for commercials.

Guess we don't have a favorite.
Wood would probably save some money hey? You find the wood holds up pretty well? I just get nervous with snow, wind, and pedestrians that I'm going to show up one day with broken stakes in random spots..

· Registered
58,717 Posts
Wood would probably save some money hey?
Not much really. I can't remember exactly what we pay, but it isn't that much cheaper. We mainly use them at commercial accounts.

You find the wood holds up pretty well?
Not if there's frost in the ground.

I just get nervous with snow, wind, and pedestrians that I'm going to show up one day with broken stakes in random spots..
It happens. With pretty much all of them.

· Registered
58,717 Posts

· Registered
58,717 Posts
Bamboo..Don't know why Snow guys feel the need to spend big money on stakes...It's effects the Margins and Kills the ROI
I've used it in the past, wasn't a huge fan.

· Registered
58,717 Posts

· Registered
58,717 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.