• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Plow light adjustment

Waterchikn

Hi all, its been awhile since I have been on this
forum, things look good. I have a question that the search feature (Which is real cool) didn't aquire. I have a meyer plow (Yes I admit it) and I am wanting to adjust the light, they are mounted
with a 3/4 nut and ball system. I can't loosen the nut without the whole thing turning, I can't beleive the setup of this system, its kinda dumb, but if anyone has an idea where I wouldn't have to ruin the light housing, I would appreciate it.

Waterchikn

AtlasFBG2

I had the same problem.I tried penitrating oil first which didnt work so the next best thing was to get a nut splitter and split the nut off then just simply buy some new nuts.If you try the penitrating oil first make sure you watch the stud so thats its not spining or it would most likely strip the part inside the light which holds the ball part tight.You can get a nut splitter at most hardware stores in the tool section.They dont cost much.

Lou

Get a piece of stock the same width as your headlight mounting
bracket and 6 to 8 inches longer. Center the stock on the mounting bracket. Mark where the headlight bolt holes are, and drill them out. Mount the stock to the bracket, and then mark where you want the headlight bolts to go and drill them out, and mount the lights, check for fit and adjustment, and lock 'em down.
I run the cables down the plow mount and secure them with plastic ties. At the end of winter, unplug the lights, remove the ties, then remove the new headlight mount, and store it for next year. If an early storm comes, you can hook it up in about 5 min.
By the way, I put anti sieze grease on ALL my plow bolts.

BRL

PlowSite.com - Veteran
You could also unscrew the light housing to get to the nut that is turning on the inside, make sure that is secure again, then put it back together. Then adjust the lights because the light should hold now instead of turning.