Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys last week I took my MM1 EZ-V off because it seemed winter was over but I was wrong we are getting hit tomorrow morning. I noticed this morning my Jack slid off its block of wood it sits on in order to line up to my truck. And unfortunately it's way low now. I don't have a hand Jack tall enough to raise it, what am I supposed to do??

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Hey guys last week I took my MM1 EZ-V off because it seemed winter was over but I was wrong we are getting hit tomorrow morning. I noticed this morning my Jack slid off its block of wood it sits on in order to line up to my truck. And unfortunately it's way low now. I don't have a hand Jack tall enough to raise it, what am I supposed to do??
Get a bigger jack. Find a long piece of lumber to use as a wedge. Get a couple strong guys to help lift it back onto your block.

· Registered
6,110 Posts
A small floor jack is more than enough to jack that up. Get under the a frame and jack it up from there. Worst case, back the truck away, stand facing over the headlights from the back side, grab ahold of the headgear down low - the bar that runs between where the plow mounts go into, and lift that b!tch up & forward, have a helper or put the block of wood in front of your foot before you begin, nudge it back under the jack while it's off the ground. If you have to kick the block of wood under the Frame, then get the jack under the A Frame and get it to where it needs to go from there. If you're really talented (Or f**ked up more than once, like myself), once you get the plow off the ground, you can use your thighs and hold your tongue just right, pull the jack stand locking lever so it drops down with one hand, and use your other hand to get it into the desired height position, set it back on the ground and mount as you normally would.

· Registered
5,651 Posts
Let the air out of your tires

(I'm kidding)

· Registered
3,062 Posts
How about a lever and fulcrum, $25 floor jack (Walmart). let air out of you tires. (NOT all the way flat)
look for a desk job.

· Registered
7,949 Posts
Yes it was in the 50s almost 60s for a week
But it was still early February?!

Glad you got it back the way you need it.

NYH1.

Reactions: jonniesmooth

· Registered
7,397 Posts
Never put the plows away till 2nd week of May.

Reactions: the Suburbanite
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.