plow headlights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 54powerwagon, Oct 21, 2019.

1. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

western plow halogen headlights ram 2500 with hb3 headlights . the best I can tell I have everything hooked up correct colors match the ram up fitters guide and the western wiring diagram .
    when I turn on my headlights the truck lights shut off and low beams on the plow activate. I have no turn signal or parking light or high beams . if I turn on a turn signal the parking light will come on steady and stay on even after the turn signal is turned off. it will turn off if the other turn signal is turned on. if you turn off the headlights and back on it will turn off that parking light or turn signal not sure what part of the bulb is turning on.
    I have called western they say it could be something in the ram computer not turned on for the up fitter wiring. has anyone had similar issues or been able to correct.

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

What year truck and what headlight harness did you use?

3. OP
    OP
    54powerwagon

oh sorry a 2018 harness 69892

4. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming you have the turn signal and parking light wires hooked up correctly, probe one of the turn signal wires from the factory supplied bundle with the turn signal on. See if that wire is staying on steady as it is on the plow. If so, then the problem is related to those factory supplied wires and there isnt much you can do.

It isnt common, but we've had a handful where the turn signals or parking lights weren't working correctly, though in our cases it was only 1 function on each truck that was problematic, not all 3.

5. OP
    OP
    54powerwagon

it seems funny that everything is out with the exception of the low beams. high beams don't do anything . has anyone heard of the pcm needing flashed to correct this apparently its not a warranty item

6. OP
    OP
    54powerwagon

7. OP
    OP
    54powerwagon

headlight issue has been fixed the harness didnt have all the relays in only came with 2 . only issue now is the turn signals the light stays on even after turned off. you have to shut the truck off and restart for them to shut off.