Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Registered
15,792 Posts
I've heard rumours of a snow contractor who maintains his sites only using chemicals. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, any details?
Ahhh yes the one you speak of does exist, but fare not none shall speakith thy name on this board...

· Registered
60,321 Posts
I've heard rumours of a snow contractor who maintains his sites only using chemicals. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, any details?
Must be a "low snow" area...and he's an idiot.

· Registered
7,605 Posts
Its true!

Besides chemicals he has an army of laborers with very long extension cords , each toting one of these babies...

It's the "green deal" of the future for snow removal

Tire Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
60,321 Posts

· Registered
5,465 Posts
I know that guy. I actually trained him. He is the site manager servicing a Ford plant right down the street. He can salt away any accumulation under 5". It's an art form blowing through hundreds of tons of salt on one site. All of the subs that I hired for the job complain about it because they never get plowing hours.

That is the norm and protocol on that site. I ruined him. He will never be able to salt normal sites because he doesn't know what normal salting is.

· Registered
15,792 Posts
I know that guy. I actually trained him. He is the site manager servicing a Ford plant right down the street. He can salt away any accumulation under 5". It's an art form blowing through hundreds of tons of salt on one site. All of the subs that I hired for the job complain about it because they never get plowing hours.

That is the norm and protocol on that site. I ruined him. He will never be able to salt normal sites because he doesn't know what normal salting is.
Sounds like a real moron... Maybe you rode him to hard about burning up cutting edges so figured this was a way to make them last...

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Actually, there is (at least) one company locally that has been referred to as a "salt selling company". Not all customers are happy about it. The comment was made that they will salt 3 times to prevent having to plow. Former customer of theirs.

I know they plow, but I have seen them salting a lot covered with 4" of snow and still snowing. I saw them salting an outlet mall that was closed due to the "Polar Vortex" and still snowing.

These types of contractors will force us to be regulated and\or licensed to apply salt, just like pesticides. There goes our costs.

· Registered
7,944 Posts
She needs to cut back on the Starbucks and Red Bull's, her eyes look like they're going to pop oot of the socket.
One can sure hope!

NYH1.

Reactions: BUFF

· Registered
7,944 Posts
Well she proved she hates big business, and jobs. She helped chase Amazon out of NY. She wants no internal combustion engines, just electric. That will work well for clearing snow from roads.
She wants every building in this country to be either renovated to be made energy efficient or knocked down and rebuilt. Of course she has no concern at all as to where the money is going to come from this. She's from a different planet.

NYH1.

· Registered
8,073 Posts
She wants every building in this country to be either renovated to be made energy efficient or knocked down and rebuilt. Of course she has no concern at all as to where the money is going to come from this. She's from a different planet.

NYH1.
I think she spent too much time in outer space without a suit on and the lack of oxygen has killed off more brain cells than @LapeerLandscape 's fireball could ever kill.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.