1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Polaris Ranger

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gpatti, Aug 14, 2015.

1. gpatti

gpatti Junior Member

Could anyone share some ideas as to the preferred snowplow setup for a 2012 Polaris Ranger 800XP (full size).

Thanks.

2. tbarr34

tbarr34 Junior Member

I am in the same boat with a 2013 900XP. On another site I have heard that people are going with the Boss Plow system but not buying it from Polaris. They buy directly from a Boss dealer and save a lot of money. I was looking at the Polaris Glacier Pro system until people started talking about Boss.

3. gpatti

gpatti Junior Member

Thanks, tbarr34. I had contacted a local Boss dealer a few weeks ago, and requested a quote for the V-blade system, which was $4310.00. A bit too much for me. I asked about the straight blade and he said it was "around $1650". I just left him a message to see what that $1650 includes. They have some other brands on eBay for less, but they just don't look very strong and also don't have the hydraulic turn option. I was considering the Polaris version too, but will see what the Boss comes with.

The Polaris is about $1800 for plow, push plate (Glacier mount), and mount plate. Plus another $550 for the hydraulic unit. I would really like the hydraulic vs. getting in and out to change angle manually. Boss stated that all their units come with hydraulics. I'll confirm tomorrow with my local dealer.