Plow for a 98 4 Runner???

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by why-oming, Sep 5, 2020.

1. why-oming

why-oming Junior Member

We have an old 98 4-runner that we want to throw a plow on for our driveway. It's pretty light snow here in Wyoming. This car is not a car that we use often. Hunting season only, mostly sits in the barn.
    I've been looking around on the web...want to spend up to $3000 for the total setup.

2. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Excellent choice of vehicle

unfortunately I’m not aware of any applications for the 4Runner so I think you’ll be limited to plows that use a front mount receiver hitch. Meyer makes a homeowner plow that uses one though I’m not sure if the 4Runner is an approved application for it, you’d have to check their website. Beyond that you’d be limited to pseudo plows like The ones that use a winch to lift

you could also look into SnoWay, they specialize in lighter weight plows but again I have no idea if they have an application for the 4Runner, you’d have to check their website

4. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Somewhere in the Toyota forum is a video of some schmuck using a SnowSport plow to plow his driveway but I think the consensus was that he pushed more snow with his grill than the plow

(ha! Beat you to it @EWSplow)

Randall Ave and EWSplow like this.
  5. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking sno way.
    Being an older 4 runner, it would have to be an older mount. I have an older 3 point 7-6 snow way sitting on a pallet rack for several years. I had the idea of putting it on a Nissan frontier, but would have had to make my own mount.
    Maybe @basher would know about sno way mounts for a 4 runner?
    I'm pretty sure I've seen 4 runners with plows.