Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here looking for some thoughts on which plow I should put on my 2011 1500 Suburban. The plow will be used for just a few residential driveways each year. (Very low usage)

I would like to go with the narrowest plow possible (7-1/2'?) but do not want to buy a lower level "homeowner" model. Current vehicle has high miles on it, so the replacement vehicle (2-3 years) will be a 3/4 pick-up as I realized a 1/2 ton vehicle is less than ideal for plow work. Is a flexible-V plow too heavy for a 1/2 ton?

Any thoughts on plow sizes and/or brands would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
7,360 Posts
I've got one that's almost 25 Y.O. and still works.
Mine is at least 24, i'm gonna jinx myself, but all I've ever done to it is a solenoid, motor, a few hoses and new cutting edges. I rebuilt an angle cylinder using the guts from an old Meyer one that I had laying around.

· Registered
7,360 Posts
Nothing rapid about attaching them, btw.
No, for the first 20 years it always took 2 of us to put it on. Mine never had the factory jack/stand thingy on it. So, we never took it off all season unless the truck needed to go in for repairs. The last five years, I've been able to put it on by myself, but we still don't take it off unless absolutely necessary.
The mount design also holds a lot of dnow so it gets frozen on. It takes a knipco and several hours to free it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.