Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I searched for threads on this topic and I have already scrupulously cleaned my connectors with cleaning fluid and brushes and files. I put a very thin layer of clean Dielectric grease and everything was fine for the first plow afterward. Then we had about 12 inches of snow and I did not immediately disconnect the plow because we were set to have more. Today ( a few days after the storm) I went to unplug the connector with the two large pins and it gave me a lot of trouble. This cable has given me trouble in the past but I thought a good cleaning would solve the problem. I tried pushing it off with a screwdriver and mangled the edges a bit, then finally found my heat gun. The heat made the connector rubber more pliable and I I was able to disconnect. Does anyone have any advice about making the connectors easier to detach after plowing? It's ridiculous that I can take the plow off in 30 seconds but it can take me 45 minutes to get this plug detached. Many thanks in advance. I'm wondering if I should just have that connector replaced. It's a SnowEx LT7200 by the way, bought new from dealer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure. I put enough Dielectric grease to keep any water out. Should I be applying more grease each time I hook up the plow? I typically do not.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lettuceman,
You win for best username. Glad I'm not alone here....was going crazy.

Silver,
Maybe that is the case. It's super super cold here. Funny thing is I never had a problem with the other connector plug. Just this one

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
What silver said. Wiggle,twist. Plastic contracts and gets hard the colder it is.So does rubber, but I doubt they are true rubber. Don't be afraid to put something on the 2 halves of plastic that slide together, dielectric, even spray silicone.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I would have a tough time pulling them apart just because of the freezing. I would think more grease would make it worse. Wrap something waterproof (think plastic bag) around the connection to keep it dry as possible and secure it with strong Velcro to help keep it as dry as possible

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.