Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !

I have a 2014 SD F-350 with a 71/2 fisher straight blade. When I start plowing everything is fine ,as time goes on the plow will not always raise up. If I hit raise again or move the stick just so it will raise. So I am not sure if it would be a bad controller or a coil. I cant figure out how I can tell what pump I have because if you look on the parts poster it shows 2 different # for 2 different pumps. When you go too see what cartridge valve you need they are different on the 2 pumps on is 66608k-1 in the #2 position & the other is I think it said #3. Also it doesn't say anywhere if you need too drain the fluid to change the cartridge valve. I have never had any problems with my plows till now so I am just not sure what unit I am working with. Plus where it only does it on & off it`s hard to trace down it always works the first few times it only does it after plowing for amount of time. I do a lot of small parking lots & driveways. Its on the yellow Fisher poster parts pg. that it shows 2 different pumps they even have different fluid filters. No other problems every other position works with out a problem. I would say its the controller not making a firm contact when you hit raise, but this is all new to me & if I start cking. it out I would like to at least have a coil, cartridge valve & correct filter so I don't need too keep getting parts. Any help or ideas would great.

Thank You !

·
Registered
14,458 Posts
Pictures of the plow and pump.

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Hello !

I have a 2014 SD F-350 with a 71/2 fisher straight blade. When I start plowing everything is fine ,as time goes on the plow will not always raise up. If I hit raise again or move the stick just so it will raise. So I am not sure if it would be a bad controller or a coil.
Very likely a bad controller. The coils are nothing more than a magnet. It either works or it doesn't. It won't work just sometimes. If moving the stick in certain ways can make it work, then it would have to be the controller.

I cant figure out how I can tell what pump I have because if you look on the parts poster it shows 2 different # for 2 different pumps. When you go too see what cartridge valve you need they are different on the 2 pumps on is 66608k-1 in the #2 position & the other is I think it said #3.
The pump housing is totally different. If you are looking at the drawings, then it should be obvious which style you have. The SEHP has the lift cylinder built right into the tank. The Insta-act has a separate lift cylinder with a hose going to it. Regarding the valve the 66608k-1 is the S2 on the Insta-Act. On the SEHP it is 7636k-1. The other 2 valves are the same between them. That said, I doubt it is the valve. If the valve was stuck, it is unlikely that tapping the controller would suddenly cause it to free up.

Also it doesn't say anywhere if you need too drain the fluid to change the cartridge valve.
You do not. You may get some seepage when removing the valve but it won't pour out.

I have never had any problems with my plows till now so I am just not sure what unit I am working with. Plus where it only does it on & off it`s hard to trace down it always works the first few times it only does it after plowing for amount of time. I do a lot of small parking lots & driveways. Its on the yellow Fisher poster parts pg. that it shows 2 different pumps they even have different fluid filters. No other problems every other position works with out a problem. I would say its the controller not making a firm contact when you hit raise, but this is all new to me & if I start cking. it out I would like to at least have a coil, cartridge valve & correct filter so I don't need too keep getting parts. Any help or ideas would great.

Thank You !
SEHP

Font Parallel Auto part Gas Cylinder

Insta-Act
Font Gas Cylinder Auto part Circle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello All !
It`s definitely the Insat-Act pump, I had always thought it would be the control since it will work one time & not the next. I had ordered a new 1 but had a problem getting it. They took the order & money but never sent it, Now trying to get the charge removed. I had a good idea that I could change the cartridge valve without draining but I wasn't 100% sure. So I will reorder a new controller & hope that is it. I Thank You all for the help I have never needed to work on any of my plows except for hoses cutting edges & Fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts