Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone, I need help, purchased an old 99 blazer that came with a snoway plow with an m683 monarch hydraulic unit, it worked ok last season but sometimes the blade will not lift the snow, this year I decided to replace the hydraulic hoses, after doing that and bleeding the system, the side to side movement is great but the blade does not go up, pressure is 1000lb at the fitting, all the solenoids are clicking and the stems are moving, do you think I can have a pump problem or am I missing something, please, help, thanks

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
1000 psi sounds low to me. does the monark website say what the pressure should be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Bucher bought out Monarch, if he can get the model number, they may be able to help with the specs.
But I did call one time about an older unit, and they had no info on it. But I am with you, pressure seems very low.
1000 psi sounds low to me. does the monark website say what the pressure should be?
2000psi

·
Premium Member
14,755 Posts
Some of the monarch pumps have adjustable pressure reliefs - you loosen a jam nut on the side and turn the allen head valve in to increase pressure. I'm not sure if the m-683 is one of those models or not. In either case, it probably isn't the relief valve anyway, the pump itself is most likely bad and would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of the monarch pumps have adjustable pressure reliefs - you loosen a jam nut on the side and turn the allen head valve in to increase pressure. I'm not sure if the m-683 is one of those models or not. In either case, it probably isn't the relief valve anyway, the pump itself is most likely bad and would need to be replaced.
It has 2, tried both while the gauge was hooked up and no pressure increase at all, removed them to clean them and make sure nothing was broken or missing, still could not get past 1000 psi with the screws all the way in

·
Premium Member
14,755 Posts
It has 2, tried both while the gauge was hooked up and no pressure increase at all, removed them to clean them and make sure nothing was broken or missing, still could not get past 1000 psi with the screws all the way in
In either case, it probably isn't the relief valve anyway, the pump itself is most likely bad and would need to be replaced.

there's your answer then

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts