Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have spent ALOT of hours reading thread after thread after thread after searching for “fisher headlights” and nothing that came up was exactly what I’m experiencing so I have to ask.

Truck is a 2014 f250 (gas motor) with a Fisher 8’ HD straight blade MM2 2 plug. Plow is 4 years old (bought it new) and is operating fine other than one of the headlights. I will be as brief as possible without leaving out any details.

It all started this fall when truck was due for annual inspection and passenger side headlamp was out. One of my guys put a new bulb in it and as soon as he turned truck back on and turn headlights on it immediately blew again. We took it to our local ford dealer who works on all our trucks and they says the the plow harness with relay in it that comes from the 3 port module over to that headlamp is causing headlight bulb to blow as soon as we turn on headlights and send power through it. Made some sense I guess. They simply undid the fisher harness from the back of the bulb and plugged the factory wiring back into the bulb directly.

That was all fine til snow came around and we wanted both headlights on the plow to work, not just the drivers side on plow head gear and truck headlight on passenger side.

So (with plow plugged in, both plugs), truck off, we went and plugged the fisher wiring harness back into the back of the passenger headlight and then turned the truck on, then headlights on, and both head lights on the plow worked! But only for about 60-90 secs and then the passenger side head light on plow went out and didn’t revert back to truck head light on that side (don’t think it should, just noting it)

We then installed a brand new 3 port module (took 5 mins) and turned truck back on and then headlights and both worked again on the plow for about 15 secs this time before passenger side went out again. So I removed the new 3 port module and put the old one back in as that did not solve the issue? Could it be one of the harnesses that comes out of one of the ports that head to that head light? This is where I don’t know what the next step to take is and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks so much and sorry for the book.

Tyler

· Registered
769 Posts
Agreed.
Most likely a damage to the plow harness that plugs into the OEM headlamp socket that is bringing headlamp power back to iso module.
But why it is burning out bulbs instead of blowing fuses... Seems a little strange.

@ OP, you never really specified.
Did the bulb actually burn out on the plow?

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys all for the prompt replies.

B or C harnesses make sense. I will try to grab one of each soon.

The bulb on the plow head light did not burn out. Power just stopped being sent to the light, I believe something having to do with heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.