Pictures From Buffalo Ny

PetalsandPines

I will try to post pictures of this monster snow storm, where I estimate we got about 35 Inches of Snow overnight & it keeps snowing!:( There are cars strewn everywhere, I am stuck at my own house) Boys from amherst & clarence ... Be careful..it's probably the worst storm in the history of Buffalo! (South Buffalo That Is!)

mvc-186s.jpg

AtlasFBG2

Said on cnn you guys might be geting up to 38 more inches on top of the 30 you already got before its all over.Wow 68 inches ill gas up the truck and head on over.

Hidles

What is that meyer doing BURIED undernearth the drift??? what will your customers say, do? not very professional, this is one reason why i STRESS leave the plowing to the professionals.If you are any kind of a contractor , you would have had access to a loader or ho, AND STAY ON THE SITE, at least one, the largest you have ,were comin up with a loader, i'll make 3-4000.00 in a few days .... look 4 a 988 on the streets around midnite .

wxmn6

PlowSite.com Addict
PetalsandPines,

I think you have more than enough snow to play with for now. Please send some snow here because I sure could use some of these!

wxmn6

PlowSite.com Addict
Hidles, I think that Meyer snowplow is buried from the snow blown from snowblower after the truck was parked.

PetalsandPines, would you look at the pile that you made? I think you definely will need a loader because probably at the end of season your driveway will be full of piles with no place to put your truck? LOL

OP
P

PetalsandPines

Hey hidles...I can bury that Meyer..it's my yard:) As soon as...I'll look for that 988...However You might want to nickname it BIGFOOT and do some car crushin, because your not going to get through the gridlock on the 90 & City.:p

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
Wow,that is a lot of snow,that first picture really amazes me,I have personally never seen that much snow at one falling.Do you need help up there?I can be there in 6 hrs.there cetainly isnt anything here,or on its way.

wxmn6

PlowSite.com Addict
Buffalo and other lake effect area are getting alot of snow because of the way the jet stream is traveling up and down. If you watch The Weather Channel, you could see how unusual the jet stream is traveling. With the jet stream traveling up and down, the low pressure is stuck in the middle, no where to go. So that's why they are getting alot of lake effect snow.

KSP1

Hey Hidles, give the guy a break. He posted some pictures and you attack him as be non professional. I guess we should all call you up when it snows 4 feet so you can save the day for all of the rest of us.

Joe

PlowSite.com Addict
"BS detector" is buzzing.................

KSP1 - I wouldn't get in too much of a hurry to see that 988 headed up the street - unless US 988's are a lot smaller than the ones we have in Canada they're not exactly a "roadable" machine, especially in the city...................................................

PetalsandPines - thanks for posting the pics. At least I get to see PICTURES of snow! ;)

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
OH... MY... GOD!!!!

What do you do with that much snow?!?!?! Wait... so THAT'S where it's all been going!!! We've had flurries everyday for the last week... but nothing to plow. Now we know the truth...

(Good luck, and make sure and take care of yourself!!!)

Tim

Last edited:

Alan

PlowSite.com Addict
You got that right, Rob, as far as I know a 988 is too big to be on the street without flag rigs and permits, even in clear and dry conditions. From some of the comments I think we may be seeing another reincarnation happening.

Foz

Cool pics! Send some down to the fingerlakes...we need It!

Hidles??? S.E. PA, do you even know what to do if it were to snow 18" in your area??? much less 3 foot plus??? Give the guy a break

Grant

Great pics!. Reminds me the '78 storm we had here, only that one was only one day and a couple feet of snow. That one just about did my '62 Ford F-250 in, but it kept going for 3 days of havin fun. You guys in W.N.Y. will always remember this one!

Top Forums