Snow Plowing Forum banner

Picture loading problems

340 Views 24 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mark Oomkes
@VSadmin

Any word on fixing yet another problem with the servers/POS software/whatever you're going to blame it on this time?

Next to impossible to get pics to load.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
I think some guy over on lawnsite was complaining about the same thing
Reactions: 1
Hu?
And I heard they are working on it
Are you sure?

It's possible notifications for this forum are "turned off".
Yes

It's possible notifications for this forum are somehow "turned off".
Could bee
We are changing our cloud storage for various reasons, including faster image load time. The transfer is taking roughly 6 days to accomplish, and along the way, some temporary, intermittent issues will come up. They are generally cleared about every couple of hours. This process should be completed by tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvenience.
-Bob
  • Haha
  • Helpful
Reactions: 2
See? I told you they were working on it.
  • Wow
I don't recall that
Huh. So I was trying to find Vsadmin's post about notifications being off and stumbled on one of my comments in another thread.

When I first saw it, I was wondering if I has having a stroke that day or something. I had to scroll around to see what the hell I was talking about when I saw myself quoted and realized that it was supposed to be a picture that I had uploaded which was giving errors now. Eventually, the actual image loaded:

So apparently if there is an image issue the site tries to helpfully provide a description of what it was supposed to be? Not very effectively it seems, but I guess an A for effort.
See less See more
  • Haha
We are changing our cloud storage for various reasons, including faster image load time. The transfer is taking roughly 6 days to accomplish, and along the way, some temporary, intermittent issues will come up. They are generally cleared about every couple of hours. This process should be completed by tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvenience.
-Bob
Obviously I find this humorous.

Image loading time WAS faster before the "upgrade".

So you upgraded the software (so to speak) and after people complained about the picture loading time being dramatically slower, a year later you are upgrading the cloud storage for faster image loading.

Oh the irony...
Ban everyone from Canada? This place would go to pot in a second. I mean who would do the upgrades.
  • Haha
  • Angry
  • Helpful
Reactions: 4
-Bob
Maybe this isn't how it works anymore since VS fired so many people, but there's a kewl little option on these forums that the admins can use to let the users know that stuff like this is going to happen.

Weird concept...communication, but thought I'd mention it.
  • Helpful
Maybe this isn't how it works anymore since VS fired so many people, but there's a kewl little option on these forums that the admins can use to let the users know that stuff like this is going to happen.

I heard they're bizzie
  • Helpful

Yep,they should have written it on the whiteboard.
  • Haha
  • Helpful
-Bob
Day #6 (actually a tad longer I believe) and still running into new posts with no pic. Sometimes refresh will fix it, sometimes it won't.

Are you still "working on it"?
I just uploaded a pic, the process went faster than ever. Good work SV Team.
  • Haha
  • Wow
Pics are not showing up for me that others have posted fyi
  • Angry
I just uploaded a pic, the process went faster than ever. Good work SV Team.
I loaded a couple at lawnsite, went fine.

Couple hours ago I tied loading some here and gave up because the stupid error popped up again. And I couldn't others pics randomly.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts