1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Peterson plow light wiring to fisher harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mrmike, Dec 11, 2012.

1. mrmike

mrmike Junior Member

Has anyone changed out their fisher plow lights using the peterson ones from Northern tool? Would you know what color wires go to the correct color on the fisher plow harness which is 11 pin. The colors are all different, There are five wires each out of the peterson's and 6 on the plow harness =one larger wire which is black/orange which I think is ground.
    I would appreciate anyones help............Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

look at fishers website,,,,and the peterson lights should have come with a wiring diag,
    if not then play around with the wires on the peterson lights

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I actually spent $210 between the lights and the harness.I just did mine on tuesday.Open up the light housings.You will see 5 wires.the white wire is for ground and splits off twice.I cut it in half and wired one for the ground for the headlights and the other for park and turn lights.The rest of the wiring is as follows:
    Green-low beam
    Red-high beam
    Blue-turn
    Yellow-parking lights

leolkfrm likes this.
  4. chevyzrule810

mine didn't have the black orange wire.It was a intensfire harness with the plugs on the end I was going to use to convert one of my mm1 to a 3 plug but bought new lights already wired so that was in the extra parts box.

5. Plugger49

Plugger49 Junior Member

6. Plugger49

Plugger49 Junior Member

Mrmike- if you're still out there- did you ever get the Petersons to work on your Fisher? I'm having the same problem. Chevyzrule has the turn has the turn and parking light visa versa,I can't imagine why....? Anyone out there that has ANY answers,would be greatly appreciated.

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

Did you use a test light and check for power out to the headlamp assembly? Write down what color does what. Then wire up per your new headlamp directions.

dieselss likes this.
  8. dieselss

He's probably NOT coming back...last seen 2012...

You have the new light wiring diagram, you have your current system wiring diagrams...........What's the issues?

9. Randall Ave

Well if he's like some of the mutts around here, might still be driving around with busted lights. OP, weren't you on another thread here same problem? Post your problems in detail. You will get some help

10. dieselss

Randall......has another thread.....2 pages even

11. Randall Ave

That's what I thought, but I can't remember them all.

12. Plugger49

Plugger49 Junior Member

The issues are that I only have power for low beams,coming from truck- that's it.

13. Randall Ave

Go to the module with the wiring diagram. You should have headlamp power in. Then headlamp power out to the truck. Connect the plow, the module should switch over. Do you have power out from the module for the non working lights. A test light and a digital DVOM is very helpful. Can diagnose almost anything on your plow with those.

14. dieselss

And you have the wiring diagram. And as was stated in the other thread, you need to test light for power. And make sure you checked the fuses

15. Plugger49

Plugger49 Junior Member

Thank you both. I'll check the fuses that I hope are inline and easy to locate. The two fuse boxes have been checked and rechecked and rerechecked. So frustrating.

16. Randall Ave

Per the wiring diagram, is there power into the module?

17. chevyzrule810

Still working 4 years later IMG_0028.JPG

18. chevyzrule810

I used my power probe which is a test light,and also displays voltage.You can use the switch on it to send power to something.For example attach the ground wire from the power probe to one side of a standard automotive light bulb.Take the probe end and touch it to the other end and send power to it and the bulb lights up.When I wired those lights I had the diagram of the pins on the end of the fisher harness.I commanded them to do what the diagram said before I closed up the housings and mounting them to the headgear.As stated above check all your fuses before you go chasing wires around when it could have just been a simple fuse.Invest in test light or voltmeter it's a great tool to have in situations like this.

19. Plugger49

Plugger49 Junior Member

Chevyzrule-do you recommend a particular power probe ? Also-There's two grounds in the harness, should I ground them separately,or can I join and ground them together? I'm pretty sure I've done them together in the past,just want to be sure. And,I found two inline fuses on drivers side. One was blown(the 15 amp). The 7.5 was not blown. It's going to warm up this week, so I'll attack it again then. Does anyone know if there's more than two inline fuseThanks again, all.

20. Randall Ave

Power probes are not cheap. Did you ever do any of the checks that were stated?