Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille

Hello all!
Stumbled on this site the past week and thoroughly enjoying it.
I guess I'm having a mid life crisis or something because I have been obsessed with mounting a plow on my Jeep and plowing snow. Slight problem. I live in Florida! Originally from Pittsburgh area but moved to Texas in 1984 and then Florida 2 years ago.
If a snow bird is one who leaves north to come south, I guess I'm a penguin!
I bought my Jeep in 2011 in Texas. 2004 Wrangler X with 104K miles on it and was in showroom condition. 4.0, 5 speed manual, Centerforce Dual friction clutch, 4" Currie lift with Fox shocks, front Hanson bumper with Smittybilt 9500 winch (roughly 150 lbs), rear Hanson bumper, 35-12.5-15 Maxxis Bighorn tires, 4.88 gears, Eaton selectable locker on D30 front with 8.8 Limited Slip Differential rear.
I'm hoping to move back north next winter and hopefully try my hand at this.
I remember shoveling our driveway in the country as a kid and having it plowed out a time or two. Dad would put the snow tires on after Thanksgiving and off around March. The winter tire tread then (circa 1970 something) was nothing like now!
Looking forward to exchanging ideas!

· Super Moderator
43,058 Posts
View attachment 190915
Hello all!
Stumbled on this site the past week and thoroughly enjoying it.
I guess I'm having a mid life crisis or something because I have been obsessed with mounting a plow on my Jeep and plowing snow. Slight problem. I live in Florida! Originally from Pittsburgh area but moved to Texas in 1984 and then Florida 2 years ago.
If a snow bird is one who leaves north to come south, I guess I'm a penguin!
I bought my Jeep in 2011 in Texas. 2004 Wrangler X with 104K miles on it and was in showroom condition. 4.0, 5 speed manual, Centerforce Dual friction clutch, 4" Currie lift with Fox shocks, front Hanson bumper with Smittybilt 9500 winch (roughly 150 lbs), rear Hanson bumper, 35-12.5-15 Maxxis Bighorn tires, 4.88 gears, Eaton selectable locker on D30 front with 8.8 Limited Slip Differential rear.
I'm hoping to move back north next winter and hopefully try my hand at this.
I remember shoveling our driveway in the country as a kid and having it plowed out a time or two. Dad would put the snow tires on after Thanksgiving and off around March. The winter tire tread then (circa 1970 something) was nothing like now!
Looking forward to exchanging ideas!
Seems I found oot what I asked in the Jeep thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.