Pa State Contracts

jmorgan71587

Anyone else on here plow for any PA state agency's? We are having a lot of trouble this year getting paid by the state. We have 3 contracts and haven't been paid for anything this year so far. What options do we have to force payment on our own state?

fireball

PlowSite.com Veteran
Write letters to your state representative and state senator. Please don't be surprised that the person who approves payments is home o n covid leave and can't do their job but is getting paid to sit at home

Ice-sage

@jmorgan71587

Can you possibly post the entire contract you were given or signed? (Redact all personally identifiyable info/names/financial info etc). Or private message me it. There has to be something in the contract.

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
You need to go over your contract. Most small towns take at least 60 days. Do yo have a blanket PO, or is each invoice assigned its own PO? Who do you submit your invoices to?

fireball

PlowSite.com Veteran
Just hate when original poster does that. I hadn't gotten to the good part where they sent the check but the post office is storing it in a trailer somewhere in Baltimore. I just got a Xmas card postmarked Nov 22, 2020

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Just hate when original poster does that. I hadn't gotten to the good part where they sent the check but the post office is storing it in a trailer somewhere in Baltimore. I just got a Xmas card postmarked Nov 22, 2020
Boy, and you know that the guy who sent a Xmas card on Nov 22 said to himself "i heard the post office is slow so ill give it PLENTY of time to get there "

Did it have that $10 check from Grandma Ethel? Cuz she was wondering why you never called to thank her

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
Boy, and you know that the guy who sent a Xmas card on Nov 22 said to himself "i heard the post office is slow so ill give it PLENTY of time to get there "

Did it have that $10 check from Grandma Ethel? Cuz she was wondering why you never called to thank her
And it drives her nuts when she's balancing the check book too.

fireball

PlowSite.com Veteran
Now, you touched a sensitive spot. Have sent estimated taxes for 2020 all 4 quarters. IRS hasn't cashed any of the four checks. Now the tax return is done but you don't have cancelled checks to prove that you made the estimated payments, but the money is sitting there each time you balance the account. And every time you quiz the IRS system you get a automated reply saying returns being processed

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
Now, you touched a sensitive spot. Have sent estimated taxes for 2020 all 4 quarters. IRS hasn't cashed any of the four checks. Now the tax return is done but you don't have cancelled checks to prove that you made the estimated payments, but the money is sitting there each time you balance the account. And every time you quiz the IRS system you get a automated reply saying returns being processed
Can you see that they processed the quarterly statements?
I'm envisioning you being hit for not filing,even though you did.
I have no faith in our government.

fireball

PlowSite.com Veteran
Nope, you can't see anything. You enter the information and pop up window say processing returns try back later. When you try to contact a human they tell you to use automated system. Bank can verify when they sent the checks. After that it's anyone's guess. Tax CPA tells me I'm not the only one but doesn't have a solution yet

FourDiamond

We got a call about our CareerLink site from the Commonwealth of PA accounts payable department requesting to make payment of the outstanding invoices by credit card. They are paid in full. Hope the original poster got the same call.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
We got a call about our CareerLink site from the Commonwealth of PA accounts payable department requesting to make payment of the outstanding invoices by credit card. They are paid in full. Hope the original poster got the same call.
Did you get dinged for the CC service fee?