Over due project

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
Now that the snow is melting up here, all those things you forgot about start to appear. One of those things is a pile of steel that has been growing in size and in oxidation :mad:
Some quick figuring and some pulls on the tape measure revieled I had most of what I needed to build a new 4-place trailer for hauling sleds and wheelers. Steel is going up like lumber, wow, so before it all turns into a rust pile I started dragging it inside.
IMG_3110.JPG

OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
Center tie down cross members and side rail tie downs installed. I use 3/4" round stock for all my tie downs, seems to work good with all straps. I had a stack of flat bar, so I ran it verticly 4" from the edges to support the AWW plywood that will make up the deck. ( the center 3.5" will remain open )
IMG_3186.JPG
IMG_3187.JPG

OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
In my old age I'm getting soft, so no more pulling ramps out from under the trailer to drive on / off. I'm going to copy (shhhhhh, don't tell ) the Diamond C style bi-fold ramp and have 2 off the back and 2 off the front corners. Spring loaded and all. Each ramp will be 6' total. This is as far as I've gotten the last two weekends. I'll be out of the shop next week so things will slow down. I'm putting two 3500 lb torsion axles under it. I had to order them, 6-8 weeks lead time, what a bummer.
I plan to shoot it with black Imron, it seems to hold up better tham anything else I've used.