Over due project

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
Now that the snow is melting up here, all those things you forgot about start to appear. One of those things is a pile of steel that has been growing in size and in oxidation :mad:
Some quick figuring and some pulls on the tape measure revieled I had most of what I needed to build a new 4-place trailer for hauling sleds and wheelers. Steel is going up like lumber, wow, so before it all turns into a rust pile I started dragging it inside.
IMG_3110.JPG

OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
Center tie down cross members and side rail tie downs installed. I use 3/4" round stock for all my tie downs, seems to work good with all straps. I had a stack of flat bar, so I ran it verticly 4" from the edges to support the AWW plywood that will make up the deck. ( the center 3.5" will remain open )
IMG_3186.JPG
IMG_3187.JPG

OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
In my old age I'm getting soft, so no more pulling ramps out from under the trailer to drive on / off. I'm going to copy (shhhhhh, don't tell ) the Diamond C style bi-fold ramp and have 2 off the back and 2 off the front corners. Spring loaded and all. Each ramp will be 6' total. This is as far as I've gotten the last two weekends. I'll be out of the shop next week so things will slow down. I'm putting two 3500 lb torsion axles under it. I had to order them, 6-8 weeks lead time, what a bummer.
I plan to shoot it with black Imron, it seems to hold up better tham anything else I've used.

OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
On again off again project. :rolleyes:
Made some headway, used 6x2 tube for the tongue and an upright to pin the front ramps to. Cut in a flush mount LED to shine down the middle during the dark loading days/ nights. made some saw dust cutting out ramp parts. Tacked off a line up jig on my bench that help speed up the building process. I used all 3/16 wall tube so the ramps are pretty heavy, but the spring assist helps a lot. each ramp folds out to 7' long. Got a coat of primer and a coat of black Imron on it this week. Will start building the wiring harness soon. Still waiting on axles ( 6-8 week lead time) boooo.
IMG_3300.JPG
IMG_3305.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG
IMG_3336.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG
IMG_3327.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3345.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG
IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3300.JPG
IMG_3305.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG
IMG_3336.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG
IMG_3327.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3345.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG
IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3300.JPG
IMG_3305.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG
IMG_3336.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG
IMG_3327.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG

OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
And the last of them, took me 5 hours to shoot 1.5 gallons of top coat on, man my arm was like jello after that. Too many nooks and cranys to try and cover. Now I know why powder coating is so popular, all you have to do is be close and fog that stuff around and it coats the surface. ( I'm not a big PC fan)
IMG_3509.JPG
IMG_3521.JPG
IMG_3523.JPG
IMG_3525.JPG
IMG_3522.JPG

Top Forums