• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

Oshkosh V-plow video, Big Snow

mike psd

PlowSite.com Addict
wow man thats a true classic for sure . i found that walter on youtube in summer and your oshkosh is doing what they do best . i love watching old iron out plowing the new stuff :D

doh

Bean there, done that. His problem is the bank on both sides. It will just blow in even deeper with the next wind.

Lake roads suck. I have plowed for 10 hours one direction, only to turn around and come back. To see the road has even more snow in the road.

1 bank on the down wind side and to widen the road drag the snow from windward side and fling it over the downwind side bank.

Last edited:
OP
Big Chief

Big Chief

No Downhill side

doh;522374 said:
Bean there, done that. His problem is the bank on both sides. It will just blow in even deeper with the next wind.

Lake roads suck. I have plowed for 10 hours one direction, only to turn around and come back. To see the road has even more snow in the road.

1 bank on the down wind side and to widen the road drag the snow from windward side and fling it over the downwind side bank.
Problem is: There is a dirt bank on the east side. You cannot put anymore snow over there. I to have "been there done that" As any good plowman knows. You cannot judge how someone has plowed something unless you have seen the area in both summer and winter! Grant.

doh

Big Chief;525804 said:
Problem is: There is a dirt bank on the east side. You cannot put anymore snow over there. I to have "been there done that" As any good plowman knows. You cannot judge how someone has plowed something unless you have seen the area in both summer and winter! Grant.
True enough, I didn't see the dirt bank.

I had just plowed out a cabin road that a V plow came out of the night before. The road was full bank to bank.

OP
Big Chief

Big Chief

Lots O snow!

Oshkosh, We've been getting a bunch this year. Big chief is actually profitable! Was glad I caught some V-Plow action for once. I don't use the V unless I have to. Not real efficient for everday road plowing but man did it work GOOD!! Grant.