Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are seniors and live in remsen, ny. Sometimes the ampunt if snowfall can be unrelenting. We cutrently have a polaris 900 utv 4x4 with a cab, heat, wiper.
Thinking of adding a utv snowblower. A person close to us has a good used one for sale but its only 48 inches wide. The wheeler is 60 wide.
What the the opinions of running a utv woth a snowblower 12 onches narrower than the utv?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
What brand is the blower you are looking at? If your able can you add wings to the blower on each side to funnel the snow into the blower? they can be 1-2" up off the ground you just want to get most of the snow funneled into the blower I would think.

How much snow are you looking to blow with this? theres a big difference between 12" of light fluff and 6" of wet and heavy.

I would look for a Garden Tractor with a Cab and Blower and then have 2 units and not have to hassle with swaping between a blower and plow. Just my thoughts.

is your area flat and straight that you need to due? or is a long curving driveway?

I have a 48" Blower on a ATV for a few years and in the deep snow I'd blow in 10-15' area's

1 time I was just gonna due a single path threw to the road and then get turned around and come back and 1/2 way there on the corner I killed the blower and when I tried to back up I ended up burrying the ATV in the snow as I was not able to turn enough to back up onto the same track I had just cleared hence the work in 10-15' section at a time

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think the only UTV I’d put a snowblower on would be a Kubota diesel because it actually runs off the UTV engine. It’s really no different than a tractor with a blower on it. Those add on units for other brands all have their own engines, and way too small gasoline engines frequently from what I see. Never ran one. Only seen video, but I’ve ran a lot of snowblowers. From 24” to 8’. They (snowblowers) take a lot of horsepower to run. Typically they need more than the motor that was originally on them. I much prefer tractor mounted units so I can pick the power I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts