Opinions on Timbrens and Buyers load boosters wanted

allseasons87

I have never used buyers, but we have timbrens in our 2500's, front and back. That truck has a western wideout and a 2 yd v-box on the back. It sits pretty well. The ride does get a little bit rougher, but hey, it's not a Cadillac. Overall I like them a lot.

merrimacmill

PlowSite.com Addict
I had them on a truck for awhile, and it does make it quite a bit rougher. The gap in between the axle and the timbren is not quite enough to prevent it slamming when you go over a bump.

However, they do the job pretty well and work pretty much as designed. I took them off because of the ride, but will be putting them back on a different truck soon.

The problem is, if there is enough weight to need them then the truck is overloaded.

plowzilla

lawnboy2121;1564427 said:
I have air bags on the back of my 95 .they r adjustable and work great

I am with you on this one. Timbrens are rough. I put airbags on the front and back with the adjustable air gauges inside the cab. It was a lot more money but well worth it in my opinion. When I decide to get a new truck, these are definitely coming with me. You need to keep the rubber air springs from cracking over time. I just fluid film mine every now and then.

OP
mpriester

mpriester

merrimacmill;1564413 said:
I had them on a truck for awhile, and it does make it quite a bit rougher. The gap in between the axle and the timbren is not quite enough to prevent it slamming when you go over a bump.

However, they do the job pretty well and work pretty much as designed. I took them off because of the ride, but will be putting them back on a different truck soon.

The problem is, if there is enough weight to need them then the truck is overloaded.

pretty much any 3/4 or 1 ton pick up with a plow and salter is considered legally over weight, i'm not doing this to over load the truck i just want to help with the load it carries.

zlssefi

timbrens are bomb proof, no air bags to blow, lines to break or compressors to go bad.I have them front and back on 4 trucks. Best part is they are life time warrantied. If anything does happen they are replaced free of charge.

i have a set on the back of my half ton, i agree they are bomb proof, but you either need to be empty with a 1" plus gap or moderately loaded, no 300 lbs in the back stuff when they are just touching the ride can be rough, loaded with 500 lbs -3500 lbs they are magic!!

i had 5280 lbs of block in the back of a half ton....truck sat 1" lower in the rear...(dont try this at home)

lets put it this way skid loader behid a half ton sits level with these, and 3-4 inches lower without them.

Top Forums