Opinion on a different snow hauling truck.

Elite Snow Removal

Need an opinion on buying a different snow hauling truck. I have a single axel now with a 14’ box but it’s to small to make money for the city since they charge by the cubic foot of the box. I found a 18’ c70 Chevy tandem but it is not a twin screw. Will that be a problem since it’s not a twin screw? A buddy said it might not work very well. The guy took really good care of it and it’s all DOTed so should be good to go just need taller sides.

Need an opinion on buying a different snow hauling truck. I have a single axel now with a 14’ box but it’s to small to make money for the city since they charge by the cubic foot of the box. I found a 18’ c70 Chevy tandem but it is not a twin screw. Will that be a problem since it’s not a twin screw? A buddy said it might not work very well. The guy took really good care of it and it’s all DOTed so should be good to go just need taller sides.
Maybe it just different talk in different states or regions. Twin screw and tandem axle are one of the same referring to dump trucks.

OP
E

Elite Snow Removal

Maybe it just different talk in different states or regions. Twin screw and tandem axle are one of the same referring to dump trucks.
Twin screw both axels turn under power unlike a “tag” set up like what I’m talking about where only one axel is powered if that makes since

Twin screw both axels turn under power unlike a “tag” set up like what I’m talking about where only one axel is powered if that makes since
If the C - 70 does not have a differential lock out it could be a problem. It would depend where your dump site is. When you ran the 6 wheel did you have any traction issues and does it have a differential lock out? You can go in mud or snow etc in a 6 wheel or 10 wheel dump with the differential lock out where you can not with out it.

Ajlawn1

PlowSite Fanatic

So what is the question exactly... It sounds like you found a tandem already, a single axle with air tag I assume...? Are you worried about weight or..???

OP
E

Elite Snow Removal

So what is the question exactly... It sounds like you found a tandem already, a single axle with air tag I assume...? Are you worried about weight or..???
No it doesn’t have a air tag I don’t think? It’s just a tandem no air. My question is should I pass on this truck since it’s not a twin screw. Just because it will get stuck a lot easer then if it were a twin screw. That’s what my buddy said is everyone runs twin screws for hauling snow cuz you have that extra axel that can also put power down

OP
E

Elite Snow Removal

A13BD30E-1027-480F-9058-855119C8EADA.png
Can you post a picture of this truck, one steer axle, and one drive axle, or two drive axles?

Top Forums