Olympic Snow Plowing

Lanelle

I have just heard that our esteemed moderator, John Allin, has been awarded the snow plowing contract for the Winter Olympics!
What an honor and what a great opportunity.

Is this true?

Last edited:

thelawnguy

PlowSite.com Addict
I was aware he has been spending many many hours fine tuning proposals and coping with special logistic and security issues relating to the olympics complex.

I certainly hope his efforts have been rewarded.

John Allin

PlowSite.com Addict
Yes... it is true.

We were recently awarded all 13 Venues for all snow and ice management services for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City this February.

It was quite taxing and a very long process. We are honored to have been selected.

paul

PlowSite.com Veteran
John, you sure your 86 Ford is up to all that plowing?
Man, 13 Venues and one 86 truck and it's a Ford
(Found On Road Dead) :)

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
That's an accomplishment to be proud of John. Congrats!!! Your hard work has not only paid off, but inspired the rest of us to work harder as well. Keep it up!

Tim

PlowSite.com Addict
Congratulations John! :)

As an example of just how much work was involved: a lot of time and effort had already been put into the bidding process back in July. (When I made a brief stop in Erie to visit the SIMA office)

Bryan

Congratulations John !! What an outstanding opportunity. It is quite evident that you and your organization are first class all the way. Goes to show what hard work and determination can accomplish.

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Actually Rob, since early June. After the SIMA Symposium in Denver, we went to visit the first venues. You might remember, that's when we got caught in that snowstorm in the Dodge Neon!

~Chuck

John Allin

PlowSite.com Addict
I don't think there are any driveway plowing pic's on the site....

Anyway... the truck I drive when I'm out plowing is an 86 - F250 with 9'2" Boss V.

The gang here wants me to buy a new one... but this one is just getting broke in.....

Top Forums