Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. thank you in advance!!

I was plowing away just like a snowdog would and then lost up, down and lights for no apparent reason.

I have a factory installed Western straight blade with a Soundoff Signal Galileo lighting system.
When I turn on the joystick (while the truck is running) I can here the solenoid click like it is trying to work.
In unison when I turn on the joystick on and then try to move the blade the headlights on the plow stop working and the plow does not move in any direction other than down (sometimes).
I have power to the solenoid (when it hit the move button on the joystick),
I have intermittent power to the snow plow motor harness (to the motor) but only when I try to move the blade,
I have jumped power to the motor directly from the battery and the motor spins (nothing moves I just hear the motor spin).

My thoughts: I was thinking since it is controlling both the lights and the snowplow it probably is the isolation module (4 plug on this plow system).

And I thought I should probably change the solenoid just in case.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mountain Bob. The battery is brand new (replaced 1 week ago) but I will double check the connections. I have un-plugged and reseated all of the plugs to the plow. I have also plugged and reseated the 4 connections to the isolation module. I have retightened all of the wires going to the solenoid. What am I missing to check??

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like a short of some kind. The only button that does not cause a short is the on off button on the joystick.The second I touch any other button to move in any direction the joystick powers off, the lights on the plow shut off, and the solenoid clicks all in the same moment

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Where is the power to the plow hooked up to?
Where's the ground hooked up to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts