Old and older

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
My buddy who was gold mining near Coldfoot Alaska just sent me this photo of my old 52 dodge powerwagon before I got it. ( this was 1985 ) I got it in 1989. They brought it back to Fairbanks and it sat around until I stumbled upon it, looking for a 4wd truck to build a plow for. Didn't know much about it but got it running and tires pumped up in an hour, drove it home with no brakes. My buddy's dad shot this moose right on their airstrip. Kinda fun to see.

Attachments

• Coldfoot times.jpg
    Coldfoot times.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 69
OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
Ha, good questions. I sold it after 25 years of plowing with it, and I built my new rig. I pulled the old 230 flat head 6 and installed a 1968 318 punched out to a 327 with the matching NP435 4 speed ( wow, I had syncros for the first time, I was in heaven :) )
The NOS bottle was my hydraulic tank for my system. Painted, a decal and gage. everybody thought it was the "spray"
I miss having it once or twice a year, then I remember how small the cab was and how slow it was to plow with compared to my current rig.

Attachments

• P1011886.JPG
    P1011886.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 57
  • P1012112.JPG
    P1012112.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 47
  • P1011894.JPG
    P1011894.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 52

Olwestern

I like. I had to laugh about the syncros. Remember the old double pumpers? Wear your leg out if didn't get such a long break while backing up. And keep the upper body warm scraping the window.
But put it in gear n go , always dependable but full of little intricacies that only the guy driving it knows.

OP
scottr

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
I like. I had to laugh about the syncros. Remember the old double pumpers? Wear your leg out if didn't get such a long break while backing up. And keep the upper body warm scraping the window.
But put it in gear n go , always dependable but full of little intricacies that only the guy driving it knows.
Boy that is no kidding, only the voice of experience would be able to call out those fine features lol.

Top Forums