Snow Plowing Forum banner

oil filter relocate

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  plowking35 
#1 ·
Has any one moved the iol filter location from the original factory location? If so were did you get the parts for it?

#2 ·
I've never thought of moving the filter, that's one thing I prefer to leave alone. Parts for a remote filter installation should be available through performance outlets, as this modification is something you're more likely to see on racing/high performance engines.

#3 ·
Unless there is a really good reason to move it-leave it where it is.I know a guy who moved it,and he blew his motor 2 yrs later when the cooler line blew on the interstate-cost him over 2500 bucks-wasnt worth it at all.The risk of something happening is to high to make it worth it.He moverd it to make oil changes easier-after then ew motor ws in ,he put the filter back on the block.A remote filter also give you cold knocks too,when they are placed high on fender wells,at night the oil drains out into the return line,thru bearings,and into the pan,every day you fire it up is like after you change the oil-it takes 5 secondes or so to get oil pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.