oh boy, another National.. Global?

jhall22guitar

PlowSite.com Addict
They are in MA. They do a Verizon site near my work on Cape Cod. I think on that site they use their own company trucks for plowing, and I know their mowing team is in-house.

Masssnowfighter

They actually rent a garage from my uncle here in mass. Very weirdly run company. Over the summer they had 8 tons of bagged rock salt that they had to get rid of and I ended up getting it all for free!!!! They said it was either give it away or they would of had to haul it back to there warehouse in NY. Which I thought was weird seeing that they had a very large garage that was basically empty. As far as nationals they are ok in my book

Superior L & L

PlowSite Veteran
Our shop is next door to Monroe truck equipment. They are shipping out 30+\- trucks a week decaled up in global. 3/4 ton Chevys/gmc's and 3500 dumps. All with boss vee blades and little reciever hitch salters

Masssnowfighter

This was half of my free hall courtesy of Global Services. I was talking to the manager from global and he said they get new trucks and plows every year. And it also sounded like Verizon was there only customer.

salt.jpg

Masssnowfighter

JimMarshall;2047493 said:
I worked for them doing some landscaping at a Verizon here in town. They were great to work for as far as I am concerned.

That's good to know, do they always pay on time? When I was getting my free salt the manager offered me plow route of about 20 Verizon locations. The money wasn't too bad that they where offering but the route was spread to far out for my liking. So I passed. He said if I sub for them I could come and take all the free bag salt I want and that global employees would periodically come out and help me plow my lots. Which I found very strange. They defiantly haven't a different business model with dealing with subs then the other nationals do

JimMarshall

Masssnowfighter;2047509 said:
That's good to know, do they always pay on time? When I was getting my free salt the manager offered me plow route of about 20 Verizon locations. The money wasn't too bad that they where offering but the route was spread to far out for my liking. So I passed. He said if I sub for them I could come and take all the free bag salt I want and that global employees would periodically come out and help me plow my lots. Which I found very strange. They defiantly haven't a different business model with dealing with subs then the other nationals do

They contacted me, I named my price, they accepted, we did some paperwork (contract, w9, insurance cert), they issued me a PO #, I did the work and billed it and had a check I'm thinking within 10 days. Most certainly within 2 weeks.

brasski

They have all the Verizon's in NY.I subbed for the company that use to have Verizon's back in the mid two thousands and Golbel out bid them by a million dollars.

jhall22guitar

PlowSite.com Addict
Ive seen guys working for other nationals and they look miserable, the guys that do the landscaping for global at the Verizon next to one of the properties we have at work always say hello and talk for a few, they seem happy with their jobs, and they do always have newer looking equipment.

Maybe someone isn't running a national like an a-hole for once and is caring about the people.

JimMarshall

I've done 2 more jobs for them since the initial. They continue to be good to work for. I don't think they paid the second bill as quick as the first though. The 3rd job I haven't invoiced yet

Ne1

At least there buying some of there own equipment. If Verizon is there only customer I find it hard to believe these locations can support that kind of investment.

Top Forums