Snow Plowing Forum banner

OBDII code 160/161

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  faughtj 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Silverado 2500 4wd. The SES light came on, and is indicating codes 160 & 161. They both refer the the post converter O2 sensor, right bank. 160 says there is no voltage, and 161 says the O2 heater is not working. This sounds like I need to replace the O2 sensor. I see the two sensors behind each converter, I'm wondering which is the right bank. I assume this refers the the left & right bank of cylinders (6.0L gas). I can trace the pipe back to the engine, but I'm unsure which is considered the right side. I'd be grateful for any help - Jason

#4 ·
as said above right side is the passenger side. Whenever the mention of side comes into play you have to pretend you are sitting in the drivers seat ready to drive. :drinkup:

Very commom for the heaters to go in the o2 sensors. In my 98 I've replaced all 4 of them, acually the post cat ones have been changed twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.