1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not a newbie, But never posted in 13 yes.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by K c m, May 14, 2017.

1. K c m

K c m Junior Member

Hey guys, Been doing snow and landscaping since 2000. We do on average about 60-70 snow accounts per storm. It has been very very lucrative in the residential sect. I plan to continue with the throwers and bigger blowers. But....I am getting more and more commercial contracts, and snow removal is weighing more and more on me. I run an f-250, f150, ford explorer. I want to pick up a western or meyer plow V would be nice (now that I really need it.)
    I'm afraid of beating up the frame on the 250 and 150. I know the 250 was designed for that kind of work but don't wanna bang it up.

Going to shoot for about 90-100 with all 3 trucks (blowers) and a plow to knock some of the stuff back for less work on blower.

Any input would be amazing. Thank you.
    Rob.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Don't know what you're looking for. You said it yourself, the 250 was made for work like this, but you don't want to "bang it up". So what do you want us to tell you?

ktfbgb and Mark Oomkes like this.
  3. K c m

K c m Junior Member

thanks jeff. I'm not really sure honestly. I know I need a plow for this season. but reading what all you guys have wrote. Is making my decision a whole lot easier
    Sorry for any confusion guys.

4. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

Rob, WORK that F-250 !!! w/ a v-plow your good to go !! set your plow stakes, go slow, keep up w/ a big storm,
    good luck. :drinkup:

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape 2000 Club Member

Put a plow on it, if you beat it up thats on the operator not the truck.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why not just add more blowers?

7. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 2000 Club Member

Or buy a Ventrac....Thumbs Up

GrassManKzoo and BUFF like this.
  8. Mark Oomkes

Lol

9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran

Go fast... take chances. Thumbs Up

JustJeff and Mark Oomkes like this.
  10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

An there it is......

11. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 2000 Club Member

There what is??...A Squirrel???

12. Mark Oomkes

Rabbit???

13. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

He would a shot it, skinned and had it in the smoker already. OP, I would look for a good used F-350. Maby a Meyer V plow. There should be some good used deals out there.

14. Mark Oomkes

He's bizzy scoping oot his dates for the week.

15. FredG

FredG PlowSite Veteran

You really could use the 250, Don't beat the brakes off it. Heavier truck will break to with enough abuse. Maintain it and if you hear a weird noise find out what it is. You will need a backup plan rather another contractor or a truck of your own in case of a break down. It will happen new truck used truck. Good Luck..:plowred:

16. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

The 3/4 ton will be fine. You said you are already running the biz very lucratively. So, don't worry about it. Fix what breaks, move on, make more money. If it's really that lucrative, I would buy a 1 ton just because it can handle more off season stuff. My 3/4 ton diesel handles all the snow you can throw at it. It's the other stuff where I'm limited, and the next truck will be a one ton so I'm not as close to max GVWR all the time.

17. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran

Round here, GVWR is a lot like a budget... it is suggestion to shoot for that is ultimately intended to be broken... :rolleyes::confused:

18. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

That's the truth.