Northeast Christmas Morning Results

Well I'ts Christmas morning here in Jersey.And about 6 am I'm looking at 1 inch on my trucks and nothing on the roads.
They say we will get more this afternoon, <they think>.
It seems to be warming up a little but who knows? The weather man isn't sure at all.
Guess i'll go look under the tree for that new snow blower I asked Santa for.
Merry Christmas to all.
MJ:drinkup:

ProSno

Half inch on cars, just starting to stick in the lot. 5 year old daughter is opening her gifts and I'm baking cookies, Ya I'm baking cookies. Hope everyone has a good Xmas today.:drinkup:

BIG M

Here it comes. Started about 5 am. It's Snowing and blowing and 28 degrees with almost 2" on the ground. We are expecting 6"-10" by end of the day. I am about 1 mile south of the Lake Ontario shore and we have about 20 mph winds with gusts, coming out of the north east. So far, so good.

Charging everyone double till midnight.

My Christmas wish come true.

BIG M, Hope your wish comes true!

ProSno, I also baked about 10 dozen cookies. (Ate about 5 dozen myself) Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas to All :waving:

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Just a dusting on the grass and cars here. Called in one crew to salt a hospital site at 3:30 am (at the hospital's request). Just rain now. They are talking sustained 25 mph winds for today, with gusts to 50 mph. More snow later.

~Chuck

bwamx

Hello all, Merry Christmas,
Taking a few minutes to check weather and here while kids
play with the big mess on the floor.
Hey Jay, Please don't wish for more snow I think 6-14 or so will be plenty !
Have a good day and take it slow.

Bob K:waving:

golfmanres

Merry Christmas.
Well its 9aam here in Reston Virginia...

Snowing really good.. no one knows how much we are going to get. with in five minutes the roads are covered and its snowing about 1" hour. Look beautiful out. I didnt even hook the plow up last night well maybe i will get the chance. Will wait to see... again merry christmas. Look out in the north. They were calling for nothing here last night.. But here it is.....

gordyo

It's 10:45 am. Nothing happening yet. Supposed to get nasty early afternoon and we are supposed to end up with a foot.

Opened gifts this morning and enjoyed watching the kids. My little girl 14 months had fun opening her gifts, putting them aside and then playing with the boxes that they came in!:D

PINEISLAND1

PlowSite.com Veteran
We weren't supposed to get any of this, but ended up with anywhere from 1"- 3.5", plowed and salted from 2:30 am till 6 am, woke up the kids and had a quick Christmas, then plowed from 7-9:30 to open up churches for services. Now its nap time till 2-3, and then off to do the rest.....

This Christmas morning plowing is getting pretty common here !

digger242j

This is for Pittsburgh PA:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY THIS AFTERNOON...

SNOW SHOWERS THIS AFTERNOON MAY ACCUMULATE 2 TO 4 INCHES. SNOW MAY MIX AT TIMES WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

At 3:30 pm yesterday they were saying "snow heavy at times after midnight....2 to 4 inches....Christmas...snow heavy at times..total accumulation 5 to 8 inches...."

I was out at 5 this morning and the most I saw was about 3/4" of snow. Mostly there was slush.

They just lie, and lie, and lie....

lawnkid

Last night after I got out from midnight mass, there wads about 2 inches on the ground. When I got up this morning there was like 5-6" and more is on the way soon. To those who haven't gotten it yet, it's on it's wayMerry Christmas. I'll try to post some pics with my new digital camera. :D Happy Plowing payup

frogman

Nothing sticking on the hard surfaces here. Just some left over hail and a little snow. Getting to spend Christmas day with my wife and children. Did see the biggest "globs" of snow I've ever seen, a couple of hours ago. They were, fully 3". Looked like white silver dollar pancakes floating down. Beautiful. My 4 yo daughter and I were catching them in our mouth (or face). Pretty cool.
Bob

snowplowjay

Banned
LOL sorry Bob K. I have moderate to heavy sleet falling here on the east side of town right now looks like we should see the transition to heavy heavy snow very soon. Can't wait. I got my new Craftsman tool chest and need to find something to play around with hint hint maybe a little plow fix er sumptin.

Jay

Top Forums