noreaster for this weekend???

:eek: a couple of local news channels hear are saying we could have a pretty strong storm sunday into monday with sunday's lows in the upper 20's. 1 channel says we could have a few inches of slush and ice. did'nt even start my leave clean-ups yet, tony

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
General Grounds, where are you located? All I've seen around here is for the weekend to be in the 40's. Maybe some rain.

snowplowjay

Banned
Im gettin pumped (but not too pumped because a week ago they predicted some snow around here and it didnt happen) I want a Nor Easter before Thanksgiving. I know that if we get a blitzer before Thanksgiving its a great sign for us to have a rough winter.

Jay

gordyo

I saw that report and was semi paying attention to it and I believe that report was for areas of Pennsylvannia and the Catskills of New York.

66Construction

I heard something about a Cold front out of Canada and a Low coming up the coast this weekend but it seemed more like wishful thinking on the behalf of the local meteoroligist then an accurate forecast. Basicly we'll all find out Monday.

Oh well I'll still do the same things I do every time some meteoroligist says theres a chance of snow and I'll probably end up watching football with plows hung, salters hooked up and employees on call wondering if I've been drinking because it's raining outside or doing nothing.

But hey...we're profesionals and this is what we get paid to do!! it's always better to be over prepared then caught by surprise.
Casey

SLC1

As much as i like snow, i hope we dont get any for until least sometime in December, the leaves are taking forever to fall and we have been getting rain every other day so we are behind with fall cleanups, would really suck to lose all that income and it is no fun to do fall cleanups after a snow, so we hope to get the leaves done first then it can snow all winter, 3" at a time twice a week. Just my two cents

CT18fireman

Banned
Looks like mostly rain bur overnight temps should go well below freezing for me. I got one spreader already on (truck fully set up Nov. 1) and I can mount another if needed. We will be ready to handle any icing if necessary. Of course being prepared probably gurantees nothing will happen.

Brother1

Hey SLC1 - I'm with you 100% on your reply. We're getting killed with the rain delays and now more and more new customers are calling for cleanup prices. At this rate we'll be blowing leaves around the Xmas lawn ornaments. And two 3" storms a week would be just perfect.

Snoworks

Is this Snow central drive thru - I'll take 2" of fluffy snow, twice a week; with a couple light snow squalls in between.

Thanks CGB

slplow

PlowSite.com Veteran
I have now herd 1'' 0f snow, sleet and ice to 2to5'' of snow. Looks like I might have to take the leaf box off and put the spreader on. When its all done and turns to rain put leaf box back on. Leaf cleanig sucks this year. First week of cleaning and it has rained 3days and know this.

wxmn6

PlowSite.com Addict
It's snowing here right now. Around 1" on grassy area. A second storm is supposed to come in tonight bringing freezing rain and sleet into Sunday morning then change to rain. It looks like it would be a mess.

Then snow showers from Monday through at least Thursday, the weathermen said. :rolleyes:

Top Forums